• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bootloop

Kseddon88

Lurker
Aug 26, 2014
Hi there, my htc one S is stuck on bootloop. For some reason now matter how hard I try I cannot do a hard reset every time my phone just switches directly on and goes through bootloop until my battery dies. I'm not very technically minded but can certainly follow instructions ect so was wandering if one of you could kindly talk me through my options on what to do

Hi there, my htc one S is stuck on bootloop. For some reason now matter how hard I try I cannot do a hard reset every time my phone just switches directly on and goes through bootloop until my battery dies. I'm not very technically minded but can certainly follow instructions ect so was wandering if one of you could kindly talk me through my options on what to do
Hey there. I'm going to move your post over to the one s section where we can get you sorted more efficiently.

Is your device rooted, and which carrier are you with?

Can you let us know anymore information about the issue? What were you doing when the device stopped booting? Had you changed anything, etc? The more information we have, the easier it will be to help you.

Upvote 0
Hey there. I'm going to move your post over to the one s section where we can get you sorted more efficiently.

Is your device rooted, and which carrier are you with?

Can you let us know anymore information about the issue? What were you doing when the device stopped booting? Had you changed anything, etc? The more information we have, the easier it will be to help you.

please can you post the link to where you have moved it to,

My phone was not rooted as far as I am aware, I got it brand new and my carrier s three

I had only checked my fb and that a few times throughout the day because I was out, I had connected to a wifi in a pub briefly shortly before the problems started say half an hour before, the phone was in my pocket when it began booting

Upvote 0
Okay, in your first post, when you say hard reset, are you meaning that you are holding the power button down until the phone restarts or are you factory resetting the phone via the recovery menu?

If you haven't attempted a factory reset yet, we can do that, but I'm assuming you already did THIS?

If this is not an option, there may still be hope. It's possible that we might be able to find an RUU (Rom Update Utility) to return your phone to a factory state.

To see if we can find the proper RUU, can you tell me the information on your bootloader screen? (The screen you see after holding volume down + power).

Also, I don't know if you have any experience using fastboot, but some helpful information would also come from running the fastboot getvar all command.
You would need to have the proper tools to do this (our forums Mini SDK would be enough) but let's see if we can get by without that first.

Upvote 0
Okay, in your first post, when you say hard reset, are you meaning that you are holding the power button down until the phone restarts or are you factory resetting the phone via the recovery menu?

If you haven't attempted a factory reset yet, we can do that, but I'm assuming you already did THIS?

If this is not an option, there may still be hope. It's possible that we might be able to find an RUU (Rom Update Utility) to return your phone to a factory state.

To see if we can find the proper RUU, can you tell me the information on your bootloader screen? (The screen you see after holding volume down + power).

Also, I don't know if you have any experience using fastboot, but some helpful information would also come from running the fastboot getvar all command.
You would need to have the proper tools to do this (our forums Mini SDK would be enough) but let's see if we can get by without that first.

Thank you I appreciate the help, the thing is I cannot get any other screens up my phone just continually restarts, I have tried so many times with me volume buttons and power button nothing seems to work it just goes through the power up but never actually turns on :thinking:

Upvote 0
Thank you I appreciate the help, the thing is I cannot get any other screens up my phone just continually restarts, I have tried so many times with me volume buttons and power button nothing seems to work it just goes through the power up but never actually turns on :thinking:
While the device is bootlooping try holding volume down + power until the phone shuts down. Then hold volume down + power again and see if you can access the bootloader

Upvote 0
Hi guys, am having an issue with my htc one S, it has failed to get into recovery mode it instead reboots but it is properly rooted and my bootloader is unlocked but with S-on, please help me ASAP.
Here is my getvar:
C:\adt-bundle-windows-x86-20140702\sdk\platform-tools>fastboot getvar all
< waiting for device >
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.13.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 0.16.31501S.17_2
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main:
(bootloader) serialno: xxxxx
(bootloader) imei: xxxxx
(bootloader) product: vle
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8960
(bootloader) modelid: PJ4010000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__102
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3997mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-d92cc658
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.234s

C:\adt-bundle-windows-x86-20140702\sdk\platform-tools>

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones