Bootlooped Ultra...plz help

Last Updated:

1. gdesigner1

gdesigner1 Member

I had MRErom and didnt uninstall it before trying to install star-scrom...now all i can see on boot up is the start screen for mrerom...i need help bad....idk what i can do...i tried many thing but nothing has worked

Advertisement
  2. smith058

smith058 Well-Known Member

You followed instructions to make a backup before installing the rom right?... well just restore any of your preavious backups and you should be good to go.
    pantherskate89 likes this.
  3. gdesigner1

gdesigner1 Member

Thx worked like a charm thanks...i had to tweak one of the bat files to get into CWM tthough...now im trying to erase MRErom and install star rom correctly but it seems like I cannot get rid of it...even with a factory reset...and cwm data wipe...and help with that>
  4. i ran into the same problem while trying to flash star rom to my phone, i was using mrrerom as well. started doing the boot loop. luckly i had a nandroid back up. im wondering as well how to properly uninstall rerom and use star rom. i havent tried it yet and would like to know how to do it the proper way if someone can help out please.
  5. gdesigner1

gdesigner1 Member

I figured it out...just add this to a .bat

@echo off
    adb.exe reboot recovery
    pause
    adb.exe kill-server
    goto:eof

I got that from a post but cant remember...even if your bootlooped or stuck at the samsung screen, it will reboot your ultra into CWM recovery mode where can proceed to restore to a previous backup etc...

Just make sure you ad it to any rom/root folder with adb.exe in it.