Borderlands 2

Last Updated: 2013-02-14 01:44:17
  1. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Well-Known Member

The second gun I got was a rifle with explosive rounds. I'm now level 10 and *just* got rid of it. I wasn't always using it, but I did use it quite a bit. :D

I'm guessing the loot is eveyone's favorite part of this game, it's mine. ;)

Advertisement
  2. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

i need a sniper gun STAT. I'm using Zero as well.
  3. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

What level are you? I have a decent sniper that I'm currently not using and will likely end up being vendor bait.
  4. 9to5cynic

I decided that I'm not going to hit up *every* side quest this play through, so my next one has a bit of 'new' to it.

And I couldn't complete one ;)
  5. NYCHitman1

2nd play-through aka True Vault Hunter Mode is no joke. You should definitely be doing all the side quests during the first. It literally has been a rude awakening lol.
  6. 9to5cynic

How does that 2nd mode work. I was thinking I'd save some for the play through with the siren. Maybe not now :eek:
  7. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

8. NYCHitman1

For each character you beat the game with, you will unlock TVHM. It is basically a much more difficult playthrough of the 1st. The loot becomes a million miles better than anything you would ever find in the 1st playthrough as well. Let me put it like this, I had a legendary (orange) pistol that I replaced with a green about 5 minutes into TVHM mode.
    9to5cynic likes this.
  9. 9to5cynic

Cool, so if I started a new character now, it'd be okay. I'll have to run through TVHM with zer0. I think I'll probably try the siren as well. I liked Lilith last time.
  10. thicks56

thicks56 Well-Known Member

I finally managed to get a second go on it last night! what a game!
    Thought i'd been on it about 5 mins - looked at the clock and half and hour had passed!

Need to get some serious time on it though as I'm only up to level 6
  11. syi

syi Well-Known Member

No. She. You use two of the same you get boosted DMG. Keep firing makes you more accurate the longer you shoot. There is no possible way a pistol will out DMG anything their cap is just too low. That's not to say they don't have a use though.
  12. NYCHitman1

What good is an SMG with 800 dmg vs a pistol (revolver) with 4000+? Me thinks not much. Especially once you consider it being an elemental weapon. There's a reason why they recommend using dual pistols or dual shotguns. However, I'm not in the gunzerk tree, so I don't get all the benefits of gunzerking for mass amounts of time.

You don't have to play the class the way it was intended to be played. Your game, your decision. I just wouldn't expect to join a MP room thinking your going to get dibs on SMG's and other weapons before classes that use them primarily. Unless you're into ninja looting, which is also your prerogative.
  13. Wattsy

Wattsy Well-Known Member

Never fancied Borderlands even though Fallout 3 is my favorite game on 360. Is it similar? Thinking of trading in Resident Evil 6 cause it's crap so might get B2 instead. Do you need to play Borderlands 1 first or are they stand alone stories?
  14. NYCHitman1

I personally would recommend playing B1, but you don't really have to. The only similarities between F3 and B1/2 is the post-apocalyptic environment. I never was a fan of Fallout, so I might be biased.
  15. thicks56

What's ninja looting?

I never played borderlands 1 but have recently bought borderlands 2,
    As far as the stories are concerned I think they're mostly stand alone.
    I'm managing fine and its definitely an easy game to get addicted to but a friend of mine that has played borderlands 1 seems to be rocketing ahead of me! :)
  16. FredParks

FredParks Active Member

This game is definitely at its best when you are playing with friends.

Quite a few of mine have the game, but we tend to play at different times, which means that most of the time I'm playing my world on my own.

The mission are long as well, so if you are going to be sitting down for 10 minutes here and there to game, I wouldn't recommend this game. But if you're prone to a 2 or 3 hour session every few days, this game will serve up a treat.
  17. thicks56

Thats exactly the problem I'm having with this game,
    I'm really enjoying it but im only getting 30 odd mins on it every few days which is really annoyin me and making progress quite slow.:mad:
  18. gallandof

gallandof Well-Known Member

Anyone else have it for PC? im level 37 zer0.

also have a bunch of gold keys if anyone just wants to hop in my games for chances at loot for your guy/vendor items for money
  19. 9to5cynic

@Thinks56 I believe that ninja looting is when you steal loot from a team mate with ninja like reflexes or skills. Correct me if I'm wrong of course...

I haven't played in a couple of days. I think I'm level 11 or 12.
  20. thicks56

Have checked the net ninja looting is people running in and stealing the loot from the kills you make,

Should have been obvious to me from the name but i still havent been online yet so i assumed loot locked to whoever made the kill
  21. NYCHitman1

Nope, loot is public to whomever is in the (game) party with you. If I see it, they see it, and they can take it. I had some legendary items jacked from me off of Terramorphus, which really pissed me off.
  22. syi

syi Well-Known Member

First, enemies drop loot for everyone, regardless of who killed. Second "the bee"
  23. NYCHitman1

I have one. It's awesome. Fighting Terramorphous solo is epic win :)

Who needs legendary class mods!? lol.
  24. Encerspay

Encerspay Well-Known Member

Like I said in my other thread, I play on a 19" monitor in my room with 1 controller, so local co-op just isn't an option for me if I buy this game.
    Is it still worth it for 90% Single Player and the occasional 10% Xbox Live Co-Op with the cousin every once in a while?
    He has the game and I don't know how often he will play it, but I can guarantee that if I buy it, he will play with me at least once.
    Still worth the $60?
    I'm up for giving out my gamertag and playing with others who have the game,
    if I end up buying it.
  25. syi

syi Well-Known Member

I just got an orange sniper rifle and it only has 780dmg :(