• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Borderlands 2

How does that 2nd mode work. I was thinking I'd save some for the play through with the siren. Maybe not now :eek:

Pardon me, but...............

image_7.png

http://androidforums.com/lounge/625807-undead-den.html

Upvote 0
How does that 2nd mode work. I was thinking I'd save some for the play through with the siren. Maybe not now :eek:

For each character you beat the game with, you will unlock TVHM. It is basically a much more difficult playthrough of the 1st. The loot becomes a million miles better than anything you would ever find in the 1st playthrough as well. Let me put it like this, I had a legendary (orange) pistol that I replaced with a green about 5 minutes into TVHM mode.

Reactions: 9to5cynic
Upvote 0
Matters not. Those explosive SMG's are inaccurate as hell. A slight accuracy boost still would not compare to the damage output of two shotguns. Have one use the slag element, and another could be a different element or regular. However, I would expect most to use corrosive or shock.

The highest DPS output for the skill trees is primary Brawn with some secondary points in Gunzerk.

No. She. You use two of the same you get boosted DMG. Keep firing makes you more accurate the longer you shoot. There is no possible way a pistol will out DMG anything their cap is just too low. That's not to say they don't have a use though.

Upvote 0
No. She. You use two of the same you get boosted DMG. Keep firing makes you more accurate the longer you shoot. There is no possible way a pistol will out DMG anything their cap is just too low. That's not to say they don't have a use though.

What good is an SMG with 800 dmg vs a pistol (revolver) with 4000+? Me thinks not much. Especially once you consider it being an elemental weapon. There's a reason why they recommend using dual pistols or dual shotguns. However, I'm not in the gunzerk tree, so I don't get all the benefits of gunzerking for mass amounts of time.

You don't have to play the class the way it was intended to be played. Your game, your decision. I just wouldn't expect to join a MP room thinking your going to get dibs on SMG's and other weapons before classes that use them primarily. Unless you're into ninja looting, which is also your prerogative.

Upvote 0
Never fancied Borderlands even though Fallout 3 is my favorite game on 360. Is it similar? Thinking of trading in Resident Evil 6 cause it's crap so might get B2 instead. Do you need to play Borderlands 1 first or are they stand alone stories?

I personally would recommend playing B1, but you don't really have to. The only similarities between F3 and B1/2 is the post-apocalyptic environment. I never was a fan of Fallout, so I might be biased.

Upvote 0
ninja looting,

What's ninja looting?

Do you need to play Borderlands 1 first or are they stand alone stories?

I never played borderlands 1 but have recently bought borderlands 2,
As far as the stories are concerned I think they're mostly stand alone.
I'm managing fine and its definitely an easy game to get addicted to but a friend of mine that has played borderlands 1 seems to be rocketing ahead of me! :)

Upvote 0
This game is definitely at its best when you are playing with friends.

Quite a few of mine have the game, but we tend to play at different times, which means that most of the time I'm playing my world on my own.

The mission are long as well, so if you are going to be sitting down for 10 minutes here and there to game, I wouldn't recommend this game. But if you're prone to a 2 or 3 hour session every few days, this game will serve up a treat.

Upvote 0
The mission are long as well, so if you are going to be sitting down for 10 minutes here and there to game, I wouldn't recommend this game. But if you're prone to a 2 or 3 hour session every few days, this game will serve up a treat.

Thats exactly the problem I'm having with this game,
I'm really enjoying it but im only getting 30 odd mins on it every few days which is really annoyin me and making progress quite slow.:mad:

Upvote 0
@Thinks56 I believe that ninja looting is when you steal loot from a team mate with ninja like reflexes or skills. Correct me if I'm wrong of course...

I haven't played in a couple of days. I think I'm level 11 or 12.

Have checked the net ninja looting is people running in and stealing the loot from the kills you make,

Should have been obvious to me from the name but i still havent been online yet so i assumed loot locked to whoever made the kill

Upvote 0
Have checked the net ninja looting is people running in and stealing the loot from the kills you make,

Should have been obvious to me from the name but i still havent been online yet so i assumed loot locked to whoever made the kill

Nope, loot is public to whomever is in the (game) party with you. If I see it, they see it, and they can take it. I had some legendary items jacked from me off of Terramorphus, which really pissed me off.

Upvote 0
Like I said in my other thread, I play on a 19" monitor in my room with 1 controller, so local co-op just isn't an option for me if I buy this game.
Is it still worth it for 90% Single Player and the occasional 10% Xbox Live Co-Op with the cousin every once in a while?
He has the game and I don't know how often he will play it, but I can guarantee that if I buy it, he will play with me at least once.
Still worth the $60?
I'm up for giving out my gamertag and playing with others who have the game,
if I end up buying it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones