• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Borked my Nook. Solved.

DoAndroidDream?

Jun 23, 2010
Massachusetts
I successfully rooted my nook color following the link here to theunlockr. After I got that working pretty well I decided to go for a rom and once again followed the link to the unlockr. From what I had read I decided I wanted to use the Cyanogenmod 7 rom so I grabbed that from their site.

Well I followed the direction at theunlocker rather than at the CM7 site and I did not do any deleting before installing. Now all my nook does is go into the bright colorful Android logo guy at the beginning and does not go past that. I have tried to hold the "n" button and the power button to do a rest but that is not doing anything.

Any help is appreciated. I should not have tried this. I have never rooted my Droid because I was scared of borking it. I hope this is fixable somehow.

Reactions: DoAndroidDream?
Upvote 0
No.

I am trying to follow the steps listed here...

How To: Restore the Nook Color to Stock | TheUnlockr

When I get to the third section and I start up my Nook it is not going into recovery. It is still starting up the same. It says the "touch reading whatever" line then in one corner it says "Android_" for a couple seconds and the the android guy comes on screen, gets colored in, the blue light shines around him, and nothing...

And now the thing has a dead pixel right in the middle of the screen. :|

I was hoping that guide was going to work.

When I plug my nook into my computer it doesnt I cannot navigate to the nook folders, they just do not show up.

Upvote 0
I got it. :D

I was succumbing to panic.

My micro SD card was the problem. I switched to a different one and it formatted to the clockworkmod correctly.

Thanks for the help and advice dude.

I guess I'll take this one back in the morning to swap for one without a dead pixel. It is just too annoying to me.

After I get a new one I can start all over again. :D

Upvote 0
I don't care about GPS at all really. I would never use it on a tablet. I use it on my phone when I need directions in my car, I cannot imagine whipping out the tablet for that.

I read that BT is indeed working and there is a video on youtube of someone using a Wiimote to play games on a NES emulator. Hopefully I get to that point eventually.

Maybe I'll break down and root my Droid if all keeps going well with the Nook. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones