1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Bose MIE2i mobile headset?

1. PureLoneWolf

PureLoneWolf Well-Known Member

Hi all

There are two versions of these, one with Mic and call answer button which says it will work with anything and another set that are iPhone and iPod Touch compatible (volume, track skipping etc).

Would the iPhone version work with Android? I use PowerAmp on my Desire and am looking for a strong set of headphones.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. pucklax7

pucklax7 Member

Did you find anything more about this yet?

I bought the Mie2i...the middle button works for play/pause/skip(double press) within doubletwist. No dice with the skip/rewind button...I"ve been thinking about emailing developers, who knows though.
  3. PureLoneWolf

PureLoneWolf Well-Known Member

Hi - Nope, not found anything else out...I keep meaning to go to the Bose shop and ask for a demonstration.

Once I do that, I will post the response.
  4. AccuratePotato

AccuratePotato New Member

Same for me on my Nexus One. I'm OK with the inability to skip songs because a double tap does the trick. I will also email the developers :)
  5. reesejv10

reesejv10 New Member

I purchased my mie2i headphones prior to getting the thunderbolt, just to find out (so far) that the microphone feature on the headset is not compatible with any android phone. Has anyone had success with this?? -- Is this a software issue?

The headphones can only pause the song...unfortunately nothing else. Double clicking on the center button only pauses, and then initiates redial (and the other person still can't hear me - but i can hear them loud and clear).
  6. g3minII

g3minII New Member

the mie2i or made to work with the apple products. they have not been designed to work with anything else but iphone, ipad, itouch. Bose says that they don't guarantee that all the functions will work with any other smarthphones or tablet on the market. I know because I work for Bose.
  7. Bwangster12

Bwangster12 Well-Known Member

I have the Thunderbolt too and have actually tried 2 different sets of earbuds with mic: the MEelectronics M9P and a pair of Skullcandy Ink'd earbuds. Both do exactly what you say. You can press the button to pause/play a song but if you double press button it redials a call, who I presume was the last person I called.

I don't think its the Bose earbuds, I think its the Thunderbolt.
  8. driftingcrow

driftingcrow New Member

Im having the same issue with my Philips headset made for iphone however i have seen on ebay and the likes a convert cable from iphone to android havent tried it yet but worth a try why cant manufacturers standardize components!
  9. saltire

saltire Well-Known Member

I took a punt on SoundMagic mp21's - great value for money and sound really good (to my ears) teamed with PowerAmp (soundmagic's get some good recommendations on head-fi.org). Mic control works fine - ok it's basic 1 button operation single press to pause, double press to skip forward track, single press to answer/hang-up call. Save yourself some cash and give them a try?

Of course your source is also going to affect sound quality (i use EAC and LAME VBR for mp3s), and in an ideal world Desire would have Wolfson inside as well :)