Boss just got a BB Curve, I can't see how anyone could prefer BB to the Droid

Last Updated:

1. Vance

Vance Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I really could not believe how painful it was to use the BB Curve after getting used to the Droid. The small screen, the slow navigation, the lack of apps, useless browsing. Even the nice keyboard could not convince to ever use it.

Advertisement
  2. ufmedrudy

ufmedrudy Active Member

Yeah the only thing Blackberry has is a far superior keyboard out of the box..

3. joneee

joneee Well-Known Member

well the bb has a really nice and nearly perfected BES system, where it's not as smooth on the Droid.

Apart from that...BBM? I dunno, I can't think of anything else.

Maybe ignorance?

4. jbert

jbert Active Member

I agree totally. My Droid is my personal phone, buy I still sync with my company's Exchange server. Android Exchange support is not complete at this point. I would not use an Android phone at this time for business use. Other than that, Blackberries have nothing on the Droid or Android.

5. wildrage

wildrage Member

Coming from Blackberry, I can tell you that Droid's weakest point is e-mail. The e-mail client that is included really isn't sufficient. I had issues with it not updating for the set intervals, and not deleting mail off of the server. I even tried third party e-mail clients, and it still was sort of touch and go. With my Blackberry I never had to worry about this, and Windows Mobile was also somewhat stable in that regard. Can anybody recommend a solid e-mail client? So far I've tried K9mail, and although it's better then the one that comes shipped, it still falls significantly short.

6. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member

i wanna gonna get a tour, decided not to, got a droid

7. Big T

Big T Active Member

I switched from a BB 8830 that I've had for two and a half years. I picked up a Droid on 11/6/09 and haven't regretted it. The Droid is awesome. The e-mail client wouldn't sync my calendar, contacts, or tasks with my work account but I downloaded Touchdown from the market and now it all syncs with my company account - even has global address list. The Droid does everything for my work that the BB did and a whole lot more. The browser is very good, I couldn't even use the BB browser without getting frustrated. I love this phone.