• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bottom Row Touch Keys and Physical Keyboard Not Lighting Up After Reboot (ROOTED)

biggiephat

Dec 9, 2009
After successfully rooting my phone, after my reboot i noticed that the bottom row of touch sensitive keys and the physical keyboard do not light up when touch or slid open.

to fix this i have to go to the brightness setting and uncheck and check automatic brightness again?

is this common? did i make an oopsie?

It's been seen and discussed on various forums... it has nothing to do with rooting. I have the very issue you mention and I haven't rooted. I did, however, do a manual update. The issue seems to surround those who manually updated, as opposed to those who got the automatic push. Even there, no consistent answer appears. Did you wait for the automatic push? The official Motorola site has restricted the discussion of manual updates :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones