Bottom Row Touch Keys and Physical Keyboard Not Lighting Up After Reboot (ROOTED)

Last Updated:

1. biggiephat

biggiephat Member This Topic's Starter

After successfully rooting my phone, after my reboot i noticed that the bottom row of touch sensitive keys and the physical keyboard do not light up when touch or slid open.

to fix this i have to go to the brightness setting and uncheck and check automatic brightness again?

is this common? did i make an oopsie?

Advertisement
  2. blackngray70

blackngray70 Member

Mine does the same thing.

3. ocman

ocman Well-Known Member

Its nothing to do with being rooted. Touch your brightness setting and it will just pop right back. Mine did this immediately after the 2.0.1 update.

4. ndoren

ndoren Well-Known Member Contributor

It's been seen and discussed on various forums... it has nothing to do with rooting. I have the very issue you mention and I haven't rooted. I did, however, do a manual update. The issue seems to surround those who manually updated, as opposed to those who got the automatic push. Even there, no consistent answer appears. Did you wait for the automatic push? The official Motorola site has restricted the discussion of manual updates :)

5. user53

user53 Active Member

I read about this somewhere and i think they said after using the camera all the keys went back to normal. Weird i know but you might want to try it and let us know if it works.

6. biggiephat

biggiephat Member This Topic's Starter

nope i manually updated...its not THAT big of a deal considering i rarely restart until i have to after fooling around in the terminal...just nice to know I guess that its just not MY problem.

7. ImprezaWReX

ImprezaWReX New Member

I currently have the same problem. The way I got around it was by manually locking and then unlocking the phone via the little button on top. Assuming all goes well, you shouldn't have to do it again unless you turn the phone off and then power it up again.

Any permanent solution would be great too!