Bought a lost Droid 2 phone.

Last Updated:

1. Hokay

Hokay Member This Topic's Starter

This guy sold me a lost Droid 2 phone he found on the side of some benches sold it to me for 15 bux! Why not it's only 15 bux to lose I thought. I'm wondering if I can get any use from it. Can I activate with my own plan even though I'm sure the guy reported it lost and it is deactivated? Sadly I have no cords for it but I'm thinking of buying some. Do you think these phones can be unlocked in the future? What use can I get from a lost Droid 2 phone?

Advertisement
  2. WildrideDroid

WildrideDroid Member

If he claims it asstolen then that ll suck for you because you won't be able to activate it

3. jmz768

jmz768 Well-Known Member

You should be able to get 90 days in jail and a 500 dollar fine for receiving stolen property.

4. William T Riker

William T Riker Well-Known Member

You can use it over wifi til the battery dies but like the guy said above, you essentially recieved stolen property better off just turning it in otherwise you could catch a case with the law

5. Hokay

I will report it and if no one claims it in 30 days I will own it (according to my local laws). But how useful is a reported Droid 2? I wouldn't mind just playing emulator games on it if that's possible.

Edit: Anyone know where the serial code of the phone is? I need it to report it to the police. Also How do you you take out the battery? I'm lifting with my finger nail but it's not coming out.

6. jradicle11

jradicle11 That Guy VIP Member

Don't lift with fingernail!

Battery Inserting / Removing - Motorola Droid (A855)

7. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Please just return it...I'm sure you'd want the same if you lost your phone. For anyone w/out insurance a lost D2 means they are going to be out a significant amount of money if they have to buy another smartphone out of pocket...

You'll be doing good and you'll feel good about it. :)

pktheboss likes this.
  8. Hokay

I gave it back to the guy who found it and got my money back. The station won't take it without a serial number, persons name, address etc on it.

9. defkorn

defkorn Well-Known Member

If he was selling it for $15, "too good to be true" comes to mind. Whether it was stolen or not, when that owner calls to report it as lost Verizon flags the phone and it can't be activated. That phone could be sold for parts for more than $15, the guy who bought it from may have an addiction that he needed some quick cash for. Doesn't sound too bright.

10. adkinsjm

adkinsjm Member

The OP sounds like a troll. Four posts about buying a "lost" Droid 2. Don't give the OP the time of day.

11. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Return it to the police.

12. Lightnspirit

Lightnspirit Well-Known Member

Your lucky you got the $15 bucks back now go save $184 dollars + $15 = D2 on a 2year contract :)

13. pktheboss

pktheboss New Member

Where did you buy it? and i lost or my droid was stolen and i offered a reward for cash or skate product to have it returned because it wont do anybody any good if i reported it stolen, so its best to return it and if it was mine you would get a cash reward or free skateboard product. So be human and turn it in.

14. pktheboss

pktheboss New Member

really wished you would have returned it to a store not that idiot who stole it to begin with people loose out just like me i lost out on alot for my phone being stolen