Bought apps won't authorize

Last Updated:

1. halcyondays

halcyondays Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Not sure if this is right place to ask this, but i've had my Desire for 3 weeks now and i've tried buying 3 different apps from the marketplace today, the payment goes through ok but when it comes to authorize the app for download it just says 'Authorizing' and the progress bar just stays static. nothing seems to be happening.
    2 of the apps are London Journey and Photosafe, can't remember the other two.
    Anyone else had this problem before, or can anyone suggest anything
    Thanks in advance :)

Advertisement
  2. Nodders

Nodders Well-Known Member

Best thing is to go to Google Voice, run it, sign in, and it should then work (basically logs into google for you on your phone). If Voice isn't installed then search on the market for "Google Voice" on the market - first one up (it's free so that app at least wont try to authorise).

Edit: I should also point out, if you're outside the US (like me in the UK) Voice wont actually work after sign in - still seemed to do the trick for me though

halcyondays likes this.
  3. tanbe174

tanbe174 Well-Known Member

The Android market is using Google Checkout. Try to register on your pc such as putting in your credit/debit card details and address and not on the desire and try again. Normally that solves the issue. I had the same problem. Tried to buy Zenonia and had problems to authorise/download but once solved when I changed/registred my settings on a PC.

halcyondays likes this.
  4. halcyondays

Thanks nodders but i'm in UK, won't let me sign in as service isn't available here yet :(
    Thanks anyway ;)

edit:Just see your edit mate, i'll give it a go then, cheers

5. halcyondays

Thanks mate, just tried that and still doing the same, I can't believe how many posts across forums there are about this and not one clear solution, even from Google:(

6. Nodders

halycondays - just added edit about this after remember the same thing myself. I'm in the UK too - what the process basically does is log your phone into your Google account for you. It seemed to work for me even though I got the message about it not being enabled.

Edit: Actually, GTalk is the app to use for UK. That should work. You'll find it under "Talk" in your app list

7. halcyondays

hahaha, getting a bit of a muddle here ;)
    Yeah tried Gtalk already, just rebooting and trying voice again.

8. Nodders

Yeah sorry. GTalk was the one I used to get it working from the UK. Not sure why I thought Voice. Same principle though.

9. halcyondays

Well tried both now and its still sitting on authorization. First thing to bug me about the desire in weeks of having it. mind you its not actually the phone is it. its Google.

Thanks for ya help anyway :)

10. Nodders

No problems. Sorry I managed to complicate things rather than make them easier :)

11. halcyondays

Funny thing is, i actually thought you got it mixed up as i'd just read before posting it was GTalk but didn't want to question you help haha

12. halcyondays

I'm wondering if this has anything to do with that Visa security check that pops up when you use a visa card online,maybe Google's systems are triggering it which is halting authorisation?

Update: London Journey has gone through now, just checked phone and it says it installed, so looks like its just a matter of waiting for it.