Bought droid batteries from amazon-- holy shitaki mushrooms

1. EMSguy

EMSguy Active Member

Amazon.com: Motorola BP6X A855 Droid OEM 1300mah Standard Battery: Cell Phones & Service

HOLY----

I got two of these, was testing them all week. They both took about 5 hours to fully charge without me touching the phone.

They last about twice as much, if not more, than my stock battery. Since these appear to be from moto, perhaps moto has changed the batteries that they use since november? Or perhaps these were meant to go to some device that sucks battery faster than the droid. regardless-- GET THESE

Advertisement
  2. dt_

dt_ Well-Known Member

well how long have you been using your droid with the packed-in battery for? :p batteries lose capacity over the months. and what kind of battery time are you getting with these compared to the packed in battery?
  3. El Blacksheep

El Blacksheep Well-Known Member

Bought one - not because I believe the claims for double battery life, but because I've been needing a spare battery for awhile now and these are definitely a good price.
  4. The Floyd

The Floyd New Member

Current state of the art on lithium ion batteries is 200-250 charge cycles before material degradation of performance. Especially if you've been riding your droid hard and putting it away wet by overclocking.

Makes a lotta sense to re-up on a cheap moto battery.

I just did, will report back.
  5. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Nice find, thanks!
  6. kokiangel

kokiangel Well-Known Member

Yup, can't go wrong for that price. Thanks!
  7. Rodeojones

Rodeojones Well-Known Member

Even if battery life is the same, that's still an amazing price for replacement batteries. I just ordered two for each of my phones. Thanks for the link EMSguy.
  8. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest

Thanks for the link and if the battery works great I will buy another one. Went ahead and ordered my otterbox case too
  9. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Awesome title.
  10. vbhokiefan

vbhokiefan Well-Known Member

Some sites are reporting it as a 1300ma battery, which is less than the 1400 the Droid came with.

Although, if you go to Motorola's site, they never give the ma rating, but rather call it a "high performance battery."

It appears from most sties (including Moto) that it's the CLIQ battery, but is compatible with the Droid.

But back to the price...direct from Moto it's $50, and buy.com is getting $30 so yeah, even if you just get it as a spare it's a great find! Thanks.
  11. PhilosoRaptor

PhilosoRaptor Well-Known Member

I'll bet that even though it says "1300 MaH", it's actually the 1390 the Droid comes with stock. I've seen this same battery mislabeled on Newegg because the reviews confirmed it was 1390 not 1300 and you can actually see on the pic of the battery it says "1390 MaH" on it.
  12. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

Thanks bro. That's a really good price.
  13. geekabilly

geekabilly Active Member

Thanks for sharing, man! My Droid buds @ work are gonna love this, too!
  14. dinosaur1

dinosaur1 Well-Known Member

15. dinosaur1

dinosaur1 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]Will this battery also work for the Droid X?
  16. geekabilly

geekabilly Active Member

17. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

18. Psychokitty

Psychokitty Well-Known Member

I personally love being ridden hard & put away wet, but I don't do that to my Droid. OCed to 1GHz, I have SetCPU downclock it to 125MHz when I'm not using it. My (original) battery at it's best gives me about a 30 hour charge with light use and the screen brightness turned down.
    Had mine since mid December, charged most every night.

Good news that the batteries on Ebay are good, though. Go to www.batteryuniversity.com to learn facts about Li-Ion batteries. They should be stored in the freezer at 40% charge. This severely slows down the natural degeneration that occurs.
    My guess is that nobody is warehousing Li-Ion batteries in a cooler! So it's my conclusion that new "old stock" is all too often what you usually end up with for battery "deals" on eBay. I've had bad experiences in the past with pocket cameras that are too much of a "yesterday" model to find batteries for easily. I've bought batteries for them on eBay from dealers only to find they were complete duds.
  19. digdug1

digdug1 Well-Known Member

same here. thats why i went to verizon friday and bought a new battery for my droid. but then again for that price you could buy several batteries and swap them out but then again thats to much hassle lol.
  20. onesicktexan

onesicktexan Well-Known Member

Sweet good to know, always good to have a back up battery.

DRRROOOIIIIDDDD
  21. mtbhk44

mtbhk44 Well-Known Member

I just picked up a replacement battery on ebay for a total of about $3 including shipping. Thought it was a great deal. Well, it's about a $3 battery so maybe not such a great deal. The first battery I got from the dealer lasted me all of 5 hours - charged it up and let it die completely twice. It never got any better than 5 hours. Requested a replacement, got that the other day. Just got around to putting it in my phone - After an hour I'm already down to 50%. WTF!

Based on the comments in this thread I am going to give those amazon batteries a try. Thanks for the heads up.
  22. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

C. Your stock battery wasn't up to par -- for whatever reason(s).
  23. modestrock

modestrock Member

Just got mine in the mail today. Gonna let it charge over night and put it through a regular day at work. I'll report back.
  24. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

25. geekabilly

geekabilly Active Member

Mine arrived yesterday -- put it on charger @ 6, went out to dinner, fully charged when we got home @ 9, put it in the phone -- in standby all night and reading 80% now, 7