Bought EVO from best buy; is there anyway i can trade it in for epic?

Last Updated:

1. rahuldang

rahuldang Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ok i know this is an evo thread but i figured i would just put it here because i still have the evo lol. so basically i got this evo about 2.5 months ago from BB, and had BB's insurance from day 1. My question is, i thought i would get better with typing on the on screen keyboard but i haven't and im just ready for a full qwerty again ( i had the g1 before). so im thinking is there ANY WAY at all i can try to go to BB and explain to them or even make up a reason where my phone isn't working properly or whatever and tell them that i have their insurance, and then maybe ask them if i can trade it in for an epic (obviously im willing to pay the difference)? And just another question, if this is possible can i just tell them to keep my insurance plan the same or would i have to reopen a new insurance policy for the phone? I'm sorry again if this is in the wrong place, but I wasn't sure where to put it plus this forum is very helpful. Thanks a lot guys, really I appreciate it.

Advertisement
  2. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a stretch really, not sure if they would go for that. But you can try, might have to do some heavy performance complaining... but this IS an Evo, it might not be so believable ;)

3. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

i doubt best buy would do that, but worth a shot. You might as well try. You may have to sell your EVO (you can get a nice chunk of change for it) and pay the difference for a full price Epic.

Also, try posting on some forums for someone who may want to trade. Here, XDA and any Epic/Evo forums you can find. Just make sure the phone is in perfect condition (or at least equal to yours) and the ESN is good. aka. dont get ripped off.

4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

for the record....thats fraud i would not only suggest you NOT do that, but I wouldn't post about it either...but that is me

from my experience with best buy, once you are outside of the 30 day return policy for phones you have no options with them.

you could look at the suggested trade or sell options though

pcdebb and raqball like this.
  5. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Agreed, post in the classifieds, people seemingly always want to switch these 2 phones.

Also agreed! Fraud, while not the typical way fraud works, is not cool and not open for discussion on these forums. :)

6. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

moved to general forum....

7. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Yea, thats insurance fraud. There is NO way to exchange it at Best Buy or Sprint, you are past your 30 day exchange period.

8. JevyJav

JevyJav Well-Known Member

Wipe it, sell it on ebay and then use the money to buy an epic; easy as pie

9. Belmont

Belmont Member

Your best option is to sell your Evo 4G on Craigslist, and then buy an Epic 4G on Craigslist.

In Vegas, I see them both running for the same price ($350), so you can technically come out without having to pay anything (minus gas expense).

Just make sure you clear the esn from Sprint's system before you sell the EVO 4G, and when you buy the Epic 4G from someone, try to get the person to activate it with you to assure that it has a clean esn before you pay.

edit: Yeah, ebay is probably better if you are really worried about being scammed.

10. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Either way, I say post in the classified's here. We're mostly trustworthy, excluding IOWA.

I do say though, there's always at least 2 threads a week or more in the Evo section that are always people either on edge, or switching to the Epic, or Epic owners jumping ship to the Evo.

Makes no sense to me... but whatever. You're entitled to do whatever you want to, I'm not gonna judge people. I'm fine with my Evo, especially after seeing that the Epic keyboard still has that loose, cheap sliding mechanism that has the wiggles if you try to either unlock the phone, or just gently try twisting the screen. My opinion on that matter is, and always shall be, that the OG (and second edition) Droid slider is THE slider to beat. As IOWA said to me, he doesn't like it (nor do quite a few people, for some reason) because it's not easy to slide out. That's the point to beat I think... but it's a trade off. Either have:
    A) The screen kind of loose, wiggly, and floppy in exchange for an easy-to-open mechanism.
    B) The screen stone solid, no wiggle, nor movement, in exchange for a slightly difficult and muddy mechanism.

I prefer B, because I don't want my phone sliding open in my pants, or when I try to unlock it. I prefer having to put a little elbow grease into it to open it up. It's not like you're not sure what you're doing when you open the keyboard anyway, you have an idea, and an objective when you go to use the keyboard.
    Until manufacturers can make a stone-solid mechanism similar (it can be spring assisted, whatever) to the Droid, I'm down with bar style phones and simulated keyboards.