Bought extended life battery-still draining quickly-help!?Support

Last Updated:

1. pittguy578

pittguy578 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok I posted the other day...My battery started draining rapidly all of a sudden.
    I had the Seido 1750 battery. I stopped yesterday at the Verizon store and got the 2150 Battery-it is also draining quickly. I guess the Seido battery was not the problem. The battery was fully charged before I left yesterday, but it was drained completely after being off the charger for only 16 hours..5 of them I was sleeping.

I do not have the GPS on...etc..None of my setting on my phone changed.
    I am not sure why the battery is draining so rapidly.
    Could there be something wrong with my phone?

Advertisement
  2. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

what is you uptime vs awake time?

3. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Backup your apps and do a hard reset. If the problem persists, take it to Verizon.

If you are rooted and have a custom ROM, try a different ROM (don't install your apps, just see if your battery drains like it has been).

I have an aftermarket 2150 and it lasts me, on average, 32-36 hours with light-moderate use, and 48+ hours with little/no use.

4. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

My best guess is that an app you recently downloaded/updated is keeping your phone awake. Like Howermat said, is you uptime and awake time similar? If so, you got a bad app in there.

5. DS3

DS3 New Member

I just got the 2150 and the first full charge lasted almost 48 hours with light to moderate use. The last few hours I turned EVERYTHING on and took 50 pictures to help drain the battery so I could plug it in and go to bed. Sounds like something is buggy on your phone.