• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bought extended life battery-still draining quickly-help!?

pittguy578

Nov 6, 2009
Ok I posted the other day...My battery started draining rapidly all of a sudden.
I had the Seido 1750 battery. I stopped yesterday at the Verizon store and got the 2150 Battery-it is also draining quickly. I guess the Seido battery was not the problem. The battery was fully charged before I left yesterday, but it was drained completely after being off the charger for only 16 hours..5 of them I was sleeping.

I do not have the GPS on...etc..None of my setting on my phone changed.
I am not sure why the battery is draining so rapidly.
Could there be something wrong with my phone?

Backup your apps and do a hard reset. If the problem persists, take it to Verizon.

If you are rooted and have a custom ROM, try a different ROM (don't install your apps, just see if your battery drains like it has been).

I have an aftermarket 2150 and it lasts me, on average, 32-36 hours with light-moderate use, and 48+ hours with little/no use.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones