bought my evo and went away for 35 days

Last Updated:

1. red_passion_fruit

red_passion_fruit New Member This Topic's Starter

hello all,

just saying hi since i just registered.

i got my evo on the first day it was out and even though it took me four grueling hours at a radio shack store i am glad i bought this phone.

five days after i bought the phone, i flew overseas to visit my parents and i was away for 35 days. this really concerned me because while i was there i kept reading horrible reviews on the evo and i knew that when got back home i would no longer be able to return the phone if i found out it really sucked.

while i was away i had my sprint plan on stand-by and i used my device on wi-fi only. so for 35 days i had this cool looking phone that i was using only as a txting device - using Voice, IMing - using Yahoo and Meebo, some video streaming - using YouTube, and yes some web surfing... i tried using Fring/Skype credits for international calls but the call quality was horrendous.

overall, i am happy i bought the phone. now that i am actually using it as a phone i am satisfied with call quality and the way the phone works all around. i was a little disappointed to be forced to use HTC Sense UI after the last upgrade but now i am actually liking it...

i am also happy with sprint customer service. yes, they've been very helpful on the phone and i was even able to add that 3 Numbers, Any Network-Unltd plan for $5 even after learning that plan was no longer available...

omg!! this was actually the longest hi i ever said on a forum lol! i hope to learn a lot from all of you and somehow contribute a little too.

the end.

Advertisement
  2. link00seven

link00seven Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums! Glad you're enjoying your EVO. I just got my EVO (which is my first Android phone) about two weeks ago and so far I'm very happy with it. Couple gripes, but nothing too bad.

3. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Welcome!

4. red_passion_fruit

thanks! what kind of gripes? just curious :)

5. red_passion_fruit

6. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums! The Evo is one of the greatest phones in the world! (even though i have the droid x ;)) If sprint is good for you, then you have a winner! It's rated higher than the iPhone.