Bought my SG3 outside my country, play store cant change country

Last Updated:

1. ErickJRC92

ErickJRC92 New Member

Hi, I bought a new GIII phone in Portugal, I'm venezuelan but would like to have the US store on my phone. I have read that you can change countries on your Gmail account profile. But when I didi it , checled the play store app and it was still in Euros (pretty much expensive 4 me)I think I changed from blackberry to android 4 nothing. Need help.

2. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

Welcome to the forums! Really wish I could help you. Hopefully someone will stop by and say more than hello.

3. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Well-Known Member

Hey Erick, welcome to the forums. I did some searching online and it looks like an app called "Market Enabler" will do that... the catch is you need to be rooted. So that's something for you to think about...

Here's the root sub-forum for your S3 (the international version ;)) :
    (International) Galaxy S3 - All Things Root - Android Forums

Now, this being said, I don't know if Market Enabler really works like this... this was just some Yahoo Answer post I found. Your Mileage May Vary.

I found this app in the app announcement pages:
    That seems like it might do what you want. It also lists a few apps that do similar things (in case *this* app isn't available in your location ;)).... I didn't look into this app too much, but it seems like that should do what you want.

I was also wondering what does the last bit of your google account look like? I was thinking that *maybe* it was tied in with the top level domain... so like instead of for example. I don't know if google uses that... but maybe..? :D

Anyway, hope this finds you well, and not too late. Also, hope it helps with the issue... and Welcome to android forums. We've got :pepsi: in the corner.

jmar, VoidedSaint and scary alien like this.
  4. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Welcome to AF, Erick! :)
    jmar likes this.
  5. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}

Hi ErickJRC92... I see that you are in good hands .... So I'll just say, Hello and welcome aboard. :)
    jmar likes this.