• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bought new Droid Battery

manamazing

Lurker
Dec 28, 2010
I charged my droid 1, with the new battery last night..

I took the phone OFF the charger, fully charged at 1:30 am.......8 hours later at 9:30, I checked the battery, it was down to 40% charge.

When I looked at usage it said, "cell standby 32%........phone idle 21%" etc

so is that normal? I thought Android was smart in the sense that it shut everything down as its not being used.

I just find it fascinating that a phone just sitting on a desk can use 60% of the battery in 8 hours.

Help? Clarifications?

It also depends upon what you have your hone synchronizing, the frequency of synchronization, what apps you have that make use of the synchronization, etc....

For example, a single GMail account that gets very little traffic may not use much power, but a phone with 3 GMail accounts, a twitter account, weather application, Facebook, etc, all of which synchronize regularly, will definitely use a lot more battery than the first example.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones