• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bought Omnia II-Might take it back for Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.

pittguy578

Nov 6, 2009
I have been on the fence about the Droid. I had purchased an Eris and loved the phone, but the battery life was absolutely horrible. I didn't want to have to worry about doing things to make it conserve power. I got my old dare turned back on temporarily.

I went ahead and bought an Omnia II online today. I happened to be going by a mall later in the day, didn't initially plan to do so, and went into the Verizon store. I played with the Omnia II and then with the Motorola Droid. I liked the responsiveness of the Droid-I didn't realize how fast it was until I compared it with the Omnia II-the Omnia II is fast as well-you can adjust the processor speed to conserve power. I am not sure if that option is available on the Motorola Droid, but it is actually a good idea to be able to underclock the CPU when not doing anything processor intensive. The Omnia II is coming in the mail on Friday-I may just return to sender and go to Walmart and buy a Droid for $189.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones