Bought phantom skinz: Hate it. What to buy?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. Synthetickiller

Synthetickiller Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I ordered the full body ghost armor and although it IS tough, it looks aweful. Everything looks fuzzy, even the back of the case. I can't stand the way my touch screen feels now.

How long does it take for the moisture under the screen to leave? I've been about 10 hours or so and I still get color distortion due to it.

Anything out there that's actually smooth as glass. I really feel like I wasted 17 bucks. :(

Advertisement
  2. BobFromAccounting

BobFromAccounting Member

Invisible Shield fan myself. Had it for my Pre and now my Evo. It's a bit plasticy, but it's smooth to the touch. And no color discoloration underneath.

3. SeauxCrazy

SeauxCrazy Well-Known Member

I dunno, I'm an invisible shield fan also, but a lot of my friends they don't like the rubbery feel to it either. I had it as a full case on my iPhone and it seemed not as smooth as the Evo front was. It had more 'orange peel' look to it. Though, I'm satisfied with it on my Evo, great protector.

4. effluent

effluent Well-Known Member

I love how it feels. Prefer the back with GA. Wish it covered more of the phone though along the sides. The front of mine looks terrible, I guess cuz it took a few tries and oily looking under the GA..But I only notice it now in bright sunlight. And mine feels smooth and fingerprints aren't as bad.

5. Shawnz

Shawnz Well-Known Member

I had Invisibleshield on my last phone. It was usable but the only way I can explain it is that my finger got too much traction on the screen.

I just did Ghost Armor on a friend's Incredible and it was night and day better. I plan on putting it on my EVOs when they arrive tomorrow.

It sounds like you got water under the screen and need to let it dry out. I bet if you take the protector off you'll still have the fuzzy screen. If you don't like the feel, get some of the inexpensive screen protectors off ebay. The touch control will be much better at the expense of fit, protector scratching easily, and fingerprints like crazy.

The ghost armor is the best compromise I've seen so far.

6. horadin

horadin Well-Known Member

Phantom skinz. It is way less tacky than the Zagg and doesn't have that orange peel look. The zagg will yellow over time too and I have not seen this happen with the phantom skinz yet, even after having the same one om my pre for 9 months when I had it.

The moisture maye take up to two days to disappear from underneath your screen protector you have on now.

7. taiguy

taiguy Well-Known Member

+1 on the phantom skinz. $6.66 for two.

no orange peel look and very good tactile feel to me

8. SeauxCrazy

SeauxCrazy Well-Known Member

My zagg on my iPhone turned red/brown after a year and half on the phone. Didn't realize how bad it was until I peeled it off to sell it. lol

9. HittingSmoke

HittingSmoke Well-Known Member

The Sedio Crystal Clear skins have had great reviews in terms of finger traction and clarity. The video I saw of one put on an Evo just looked like glass.

I'm going to be trying those when I order my Sedio case.

I've been using InvisibleSheild for years on my Apache and my Touch Pro. They're tough as they come but the finger traction can be a pain. Sometimes it's not bad, sometimes it's practically unusable depending on how dry your skin is at the time. Since the Evo has a tougher screen, I'm not so terribly worried about having the strongest screen protector on the market.

10. viggs74

viggs74 Active Member

I'm still holding out for Steienhiel (?). It's supposed to be as smooth as glass and is static held as oppsed to liquid mess.

11. Synthetickiller

Guys, I am SO SORRY.

I don't know why I thought I had ghost armor, lol. I did in fact phantom skinz. I must have been absolutely half awake when I wrote this.

Anyways, the problem still stands. I don't know if otterbox will produce a case anytime soon, so I plan on doing more case shopping when RS & Sprint gets more cases. BB cases are horrible.

12. AJ_EVO

AJ_EVO Well-Known Member

I've heard very mixed reviews about Phantom Skinz. Is there any way you can edit the topic so that Ghost Armor doesn't get bad publicity? :)

13. jxs1984

jxs1984 Member

Currently i have the Bodyguardz protector. I like the grippy feel for the sides and back. However I will be replacing the front with a steinheil crystal clear. Best of both world?

14. Synthetickiller

Oh, I tried, trust me.

It edits my title, but not the title shown on the forum, which is annoying since Ghost Armor isn't the issue.... :mad:

15. Synthetickiller

I think I'll weight for Steinheil is well. At this point, the glass may be grippy, but the phantom skinz made my phone look 8bit. :rolleyes:

Plus is just felt horrible.

Hoping to get a case tomorrow so I have protection till otterbox gets off thier lazy unsupportive asses and makes an EVO (not to mention an HD2) case.

iPhone 4 has a case (at least one in the works) from these guys and it's not even out yet.

Re-Tarded.... (they edit that word w/o a hyphen lol)

16. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

Thread titled renamed.

TS

17. forever_z

forever_z Member

Which phantom skin did you get? I got the matte version. I too am very un happy with it. The feel is fine, but the matte finish totally takes away from this great screen and it's clarity. Today in the sun light I could barely see the screen.

18. mfalzon

mfalzon New Member

im an phantom skinz fan my self, no orange peel, no discolor over time unlike zagg/best skins ever... and 2 for 1 price.. cant beat it.

it sound like you might of bought the Matte Finish, i like the Matte Finish concept, but dont think its ideal for a "screen" protector. i ordered a matte finish for the full body and requested a "clear" protector for the screen. i think thats a nice combo, havent installed it yet..

19. texasboylaw

texasboylaw Well-Known Member

Ive been a Zagg fan but wanted to try phantom skinz and it is great. I cant even tell that there is a screen protector on it. I really didnt think it was going to be better then Zagg. But my screen feels just like the glass no bull. 6 dollars for 2 cant beat it.

20. Xtian20192

Xtian20192 Member

Using phantomskinz here too, but with the clear screen protector. Feels no different then if I did not have it on my Evo. It feels better then the zagg I had on my iTouch.

21. hal1

hal1 Well-Known Member

How? Where? Me wants!

I just went to there website, it's showing 9.95

22. Hoof Hearted

Hoof Hearted Member

I have always used phantom skinz (pre & Evo) and I can't even tell that it is on. It is by far the best skin out there. Each time I have ordered they have doubled the order for free. For the Evo I bough one for $9.99 and thy sent two.

23. Synthetickiller

The matte fullbody.

24. sjjones

sjjones Well-Known Member

contact them, peel the matt off ready for the return, they usually will exchange it