Bougth an SD card, but still having memory issuesSupport

1. taylortapia22

taylortapia22 New Member

Hello there! My name is Taylor and I am new here. I just recently switched back to my HTC Wildfire S and bought it an 8 GB memory card. However I still cannot get any apps, pictures or anything to transfer over. It is ridiculous and it says that I am low on memory...and yet it still says I have like 7. point space left on the phone. Please help. This sucks haha :confused:

Advertisement
  2. Davdi

Davdi Well-Known Member Contributor

Go into Settings--> Applications --> Manage Applications and select any installed App. You'll see a screen showing details of memory use (total, application and data)
    If the <Move to SD Card> button is not greyed out, press it to move the App to the SD card.
    Before moving apps, look at their data usage (browsers and Facebook are the main ones) and select <Clear data>.

If your phone is rooted (If not, do it unless you're worried about voiding the warranty) install Linkto SD app to get apps onto the SD card that the native Android 'move to SD card' can't deal with.

I've done all that and currently have 73.29 MB free.
  3. Username90

Username90 New Member

I'm having the same problem as the OP (I've made a separate thread about it as well). You said rooting is the solution. But as a beginner in this field, I feel completely confused and lost. Do you have any advice?