• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bounced Here Against My Will -- Argh!

gero34

Lurker
Mar 17, 2012
Hi, I was trying to reply to a thread about problems playing audio organised by folders and was bounced here because my post was breaking some rule or other. I was accused of using links, photos, or key words that triggered a bounce. I don't believe that for one minute. I think every newbie will get shunted here no matter what. The notice should say that.

Anyhoo, here I am and this is me. I joined Android Tablet forum and have the same user name Gero34. I posted over there how I am having problems playing audio through my bluetooth headphones but that is not what interested me today. Go check Android Tablet and Gero34 for that discussion. And check out the Android developers website for my questions about finding a software fix for my bluetooth problems.

Meanwhile, what I meant to say on the original thread about why you can't play audio by folders in the music player supplied with Android before I was so rudely bounced to here was I need to play audio by folders and found a free app called Music Folder Player that sorted the issue. I mention it here in case it interests anyone else looking to play audio by folders.

Since I was bounced here in order to introduce myself, let me mention in passing that the reason I need to play audio files by folders is mainly because I create a lot of my own content -- I record my own music, record my friends playing, record my pet parrot talking (ah, sweetie) and as I write comedy scripts as a hobby I like to record my friends stand up routines to see which of my material works best for which friend. I keep my audio archives on my laptops (x2) and copy across a changing bundle of audio folders to my tablet and phone to carry around day to day as I need to. Organising my recordings by folders is just easier than any other method.

I was going to say on my original post that the reason why Android doesn't support playing by folders is because it assumes people are passive consumers of content (e.g. downloaded to a phone) rather than active producers of content (e.g. created on a tablet). I think the balance is shifting and Android / Google is now about supporting creation of content. Whether that means JellyBean's music player will support playing audio by folders remains to be seen.

I will now click on submit new thread and see where I get bounced to next. A bien tot, Gero34

Welcome to AF! :)

Sorry about the "bouncing", but we'd a wave of spam a while back and a number of safeguards were put in place to stop it happening again. I appreciate it's an inconvenience, but on the whole, it serves the community pretty well.

Any way, interesting first post! I'm glad you sorted your issue and I hope you find this place useful.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones