• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [BOUNTY - Metropcs Samsung Galaxy Indulge 4g SCH- R910]

[BOUNTY - Metropcs Samsung Galaxy Indulge 4g SCH- R910]

Conditions:

1. Clockwork Recovery
2. Custom Rom(Talk and surf, Better Battery Life, Native Hotspot Support)

Full Root(New Superuser.apk) * COMPLETED
(http://androidforums.com/indulge-al...g-galaxy-indulge-fully-working-4-10-11-a.html)

Wifi Tether * COMPLETED

(http://code.google.com/p/android-wi...tail?name=wifi_tether_v3_0-pre12.apk&can=2&q=)

*Since we have a team working in our favor for these features, donation links has been posted in their seperate threads. This is the site for root, these are the guys working on our phone, thats where u donate until new threads/updates arrives for additional completed tasks for the indulge. (http://androidforums.com/indulge-al...g-galaxy-indulge-fully-working-4-10-11-a.html)

NOTE:

No transactions should be made until job is finished and developer has made a link for u to donate, anything outside of this is fraudulent. Any users who are interested in donating please send money to whom ever complete these tasks. However this is not mandatory and is based off the " Honor System", this is still open source.

[BOUNTY - Metropcs Samsung Galaxy Indulge 4g m860]

Conditions:

1. Full Root = $5
2. Clockwork Recovery = $5
4. Custom Rom = $5
5. Better Battery Life = $5

NOTE:

Any users who's interested in donating please send money to whom ever complete these tasks. However this is not mandatory.

Donantion Pledges

coreyharris101 - $5 for each condition = $25

I'll match this......after the consensus here is that the conditions are met. I don't have the knowledge to attempt it myself 'til confirmed by the smarter people here. (I'm assuming the extra $5 is on purpose LOL)

Reactions: rjmjr69
Upvote 0
I haven't bought my Indulge yet, but I will be following this thread closely. I have heard great things about the phone, and I am pretty sure I will be getting one soon (especially if it gets rooted). I just need to do some more hands on testing / research first. Anyway, after that I would be willing to kick in $20.

I guess the things I would be looking for are full root, better battery life, and tethering. Maybe put those together and that means a custom ROM? Pardon my ignorance of the correct terminology, I am still learning.

Upvote 0
most of the other conditions have already been met.

some added things we still need:
native hotspot support.
removal of samsung apk package blocking
SuperUser.apk that is not blocked.
\

Doesn't your wishlist disprove the first part of this statement? Not to belittle your amazing efforts Mike, but I would argue that true root has not been fully achieved, therefore all all four requirements are apllicable.......

Again, no disrespect intended, you are my hero.

EDIT I see the original post has changed....removing better battery life was a good idea. To hard to prove or quantify.
I had sent a PM last night offering to raise my pledge to $60. total. He must be living his real life 'cause I didn't hear back. But I'm willing to pledge $60. if we can get someone to fix these things.
(Corey, I know my messaage said $50. but I didn't want odd numbers for each one)

So, I pledge $20. for each challenge. $60. total.

Come on people pledge some dough! We need to motivate someone to crack this thing! I put MY money where my big mouth is...

Upvote 0
lol there was another condition but it got removed some how and i forgot what it was, typo

I'm assuming, the definition of "unrestricted" includes being able to run the "custom.zip" update. So far, for whatever reason we were unable to. Also, we previously thought that we had a NAND lock. Who knows if it's true, still... I would include this in our requirements...

Upvote 0
Is there anyone following this thread that has the necessary skill set? Are you waiting for a larger pot?
Is this an exercise in futility?
Where is Coreyharris101?
Where is Silvist for that matter? LOL he fell of the androidforums planet.
What is the meaning of life?....oops sorry.

lol, silvest works at metroPCS. Maybe they caught on to him and kidnapped him.

ROFL.

___

Upvote 0
Sorry, couldn't help myself. I'll look into tossing my share into the pot, soon as my finances are in order. Still amazed that someone has yet to man up and try and make a rom. Seriously I want to Pimp slap all the arrogant pricks who turned you guys down.

Oh, looks like you taking a pledge of how much? You can toss me up for $25.

Also on another note, I been seeing alot of Indulges in my area being bought lately. Hopefully the Snoop dog add is getting people interested that were't interested before. Or at least the word is spreading.

Upvote 0
As much as I'd like to donate for this cause, I'd like it if people would donate towards making the LG Optimus M more easy to hack as I can't even root my friends phone because of the difficulty of the only method available.
dude seriously??? that phone can be rooted in 15 minutes, Z4 or not

just read up youll be fine

Reactions: miariver
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones