Boxwave Anti-Glare Screen Protector

Last Updated:

1. zandroid

zandroid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does anybody have this yet? I had one on my old Storm, and I liked it, but I thought I'd post here first to see if any Droid owners have installed it yet.

I hate the glare I get on my phone (and fingerprints too), especially while docked in my car. I know this will help but I was a bit hesitant. Anyone have it installed?

Thanks for any input.

By the way, here is the link for anyone interested.
    http://www.boxwave.com/products/cleartouch/cleartouch-screen-protector-motorola-droid_3748.htm

Advertisement
  2. blazingwolf

blazingwolf Well-Known Member

Just ordered one. If you haven't yet I'll let you know how it works when I get it.

3. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

I notice it says "washable / reusable" as well as "Applicator included" - does this require water / some other substance to apply?

I would like to know how this works out....Even subscribing to this thread....

4. Barbara

Barbara Well-Known Member

5. blazingwolf

I have used Boxwave protectors on other devices and they did not need water to be installed. A feature of this protector is the ability to wash it with water and then reuse it after it has dried.

I think a bonus for this protector is that it covers the touch buttons also. :)

6. johnlgalt

Doh! I didn't pay attention to the fact that I never scrolled down.... :eek:

Thanks.

According to the pictures, it does (Added the following for clarity cover the entire screen - the pictures on the left hand of the site that say "The outlined area below show ClearTouch's complete screen coverage". /end add. I think I might order one of these myself. I just don't know if I want the anti-glare one or the clear one....

Droid Screen Protector / Motorola Droid Screen Protector / Droid Screen Cover / Motorola Droid Screen Cover / Droid Screen Film - ClearTouch Anti-Glare

Droid Screen Protector / Motorola Droid Screen Protector / Droid Screen Cover / Motorola Droid Screen Cover / Droid Screen Film - ClearTouch Crystal

If you can post before and after pictures of the screen pointing out things like color and hue and intensity, that would be great - it would help me make up my mind on which one I want.

TIA

7. blazingwolf

Hmm. Just read the directions and water is only used to wash the protector and not used during install.

8. johnlgalt

That was in reference to if it fits the entire screen - not to if it uses water.

My apologies for mucking up the intent of my post - I'll go fix it now.

9. blazingwolf

Oh. :eek:

Thanks for the clarification. :)

10. zandroid

zandroid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm definitely going to order one too.. Since I've had the product before I know how it works, and its very easy to put on, but I would like some input when you get yours, are you ordering the anti-glare or just the clear one, blazingwolf?

11. cdd543

cdd543 Well-Known Member

I received mine..they are great, but still show smudges. They do cover the buttons and the feel is good.

12. johnlgalt

Kewl, thanks. Did you get the anti-glare or the crystal clear ones?

13. hemingway

hemingway Member

anyone have a coupon code for Boxwave?

14. blazingwolf

I got the anti glare version. Got an email saying it shipped so I'm just waiting for it to get here.

15. knipknup

knipknup Active Member

I'll be curious to hear how these work. I have heard numerous times that the DROID doesn't need and shouldn't use a screen protector. Coming from the winmo forelife, this is hard to swallow.

Something about a conductive something or other screen...

16. johnlgalt

It has been noted both in these forums and other places that the screen was designed to be conductive, and that a screen protector would in fact create problems due to the capacitive touch that the phone uses. I believe that the 'official' Moto forums was one of the places that were referred to in other threads, where a Moto official was quoted as saying that the screen did not warrant a protector.

However, it has also been noted that the screen is not 100% scratch proof - at least one person noted that having gritty material in their pocket has led to a scratched screen, and my personal experience with the cheap VZW protector (the non privacy one, the one that does to cover the 'buttons' at the bottom) showed me that the capacitive touch worked perfectly fine with the protector in place.

I have now been using it without a protector for about a solid week+, and I have found that, while the screen sensitivity is a bit better without a protector than with, knowing that there are going to be times when the phone is in my pocket or in another area where the grit could easily get on the surface makes me worry. By a bit better I actually mean that with the protector in place it was very nearly perfect, and without it seems a bit overly sensitive.

I'd rather have the protector than not, you know what I mean?

17. DA717

DA717 Well-Known Member

I have the BoxWave cleartouch crystal and I have not notice any difference in screen sensitivity or clarity. The screen protector is a very tight fit, so you need to be very patient. The problem I had when putting on the protector is that the Droid screen bezel has a little lip to it so if the protector is not aligned it will not secure properly to the screen. Right now it perfectly aligned but I had dust under the edge so I see tiny bubbles on the edge... frustration.... I will definitely try to clean and re-apply again.

So far with touchscreen phones, these are the best when it comes to keeping the glass like feel. I've used both Zagg and PhantomSkinz before no comparison when it comes to screen sensitivity and feel.

18. knipknup

knipknup Active Member

I've used boxwave for years, and I mean way back since the first dell axim. They are probably the best.

I have also found this phone to be the first that I keep in my pocket primarily. I just keep it in the one that doesn't have anything in it like keys or chapstick.

Anyone have negative experience on using a screen protector? I don't want to reverse-protect myself...

19. johnlgalt

There are a few threads on the screen protectors in general, but from what I have read so far, I am pretty positive that this is the best of both worlds - screen protection without the tackiness experienced with some of the other protectors, along with the ability to reuse by just washing.

I am not a very patient man, and applying a Zagg / PS / GA would drive me nuts. Plus, I purchased the real Moto 2 piece case / carrying clip combo for this thing, so protecting the rest of the body is now redundant....

I think I'll save up a bit o' cash and get this - but for me I think I'll go with the Crystal clear one - Glare is not an issue since I already use polarized lenses in sunlight (as my contact lenses make me particularly sensitive to glare already) and I am worried that the combination of said polarized sunglasses plus the anti-glare of the screen protector would, simply put, drive me batty (it's bad enough now when I look at my DROID through my sunglasses to see it looking purplish and slightly fuzzy....)

20. dave412_4

dave412_4 Well-Known Member

I was wondering if anybody thought of getting a privacy screen protector thought some of you might be interested. Don't if it will post right but heres the youtube video.

Don't know to post videos but heres the link:

YouTube - Amzer

21. rondo777

rondo777 Well-Known Member

Ive used the Boxwave screen protectors on every touch device Ive everowned, they rock. The antiglare is very nice, they are indestructable too. Try story, I had one on a PDA phone that I had about 6 years ago. At the time I owned a jeep wrangler and I was hooking up the trailer. I had the phone in my hand and I put it down ontop of the driveers side reare tire. I hooked up the trailer and forgot about the phone, as I pulled away I felt a bump but it really didnt register. About a mile down the road I went to use the phone and realized what I had done. I went back to find the phone flattened, but the screen protector was intact and holding all the broken glass together. I replaced the phone and removed the screen protector from the crushed phone, rinsed it in the sink to get teh glass of it and applied it to the new phone. It was on there for like another year. Then I got rid of that phone and ended up pulling off teh screen protector and cutting it down to size to use on a digital camera screen and its still on there.

22. Silverexpress

Silverexpress Well-Known Member

Boxwave! Same here, been using them for nearly a decade.

Had some leftovers of the anti-glare. Using one now.

23. knipknup

knipknup Active Member

Keep this up and I may find myself ordering...

24. johnlgalt

I have pretty much made up my mind to get one for my DROID. Now to find them without having to buy online (Cash is a wonderful thing - but I can't download / upload it).

25. gcroberson

gcroberson Well-Known Member

If that one is anything like the privacy protector from verizon...do NOT buy it. You lose the touch sensitivity and the vibrant screen.