Boxwave Crystal Won't Lay FlatAccessories

Last Updated:

1. hperry

hperry Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just received a 3 pack of Boxwave crytsal protectors to be used on my evo and my wife's evo. I applied them this morning. In both cases, there appears to be an issue with the edge of the protector just below the earpiece grill, about 1cm from the right of the grill. The protectors won't lay flat and create a bubble along the edge about 4mm wide. Attempts to rub down the bubble and use scotch tape to clean were not successful. It looks to me like the protector edge is not cleanly cut in this particular area. There may be burrs hanging off that are preventing the protector from laying flat. Since I have seen it in the exact same place on 2 protectors on two different evos, I can only conclude the protector is at fault here. Has anyone else seen this? I contacted boxwave and will see what they say.

Other than the issue mentioned above, I love this protector.

Advertisement
  2. Verks

Verks Member

I'll be receiving my Boxwave protectors tomorrow, I'll see how they fit and report back. I always buy Boxwave I hope this is not the case.

3. mitch27

mitch27 Member

I have the same problem with my Boxware Anti-Glare protector. I contacted them to have an RMA fulfilled. I should be recieving the new protector any day now.

4. dfine1966

dfine1966 Member

I have the same problem, but really not bad, just a little bubble. I bought the 3 pack and the 1st was much worse. So I tried the second and all bubbles gone, but the top in the center still has a little bubble that won't lay flat. Maybe I should call Boxwave and see what they can do.