Boxwave Screen ProtectorsAccessories

Last Updated:

1. kraze0g

kraze0g Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i heard these are the best bet for the droid.. im just wondering on which you guys prefer? the anti-glare or the crystal clear? i know they are the same price so im just wondering which looks better on the droid..

links to both --

Droid Screen Protector / Motorola Droid Screen Protector / Droid Screen Cover / Motorola Droid Screen Cover / Droid Screen Film - ClearTouch Anti-Glare

Droid Screen Protector / Motorola Droid Screen Protector / Droid Screen Cover / Motorola Droid Screen Cover / Droid Screen Film - ClearTouch Crystal

which one have you guys had the most luck with?

Advertisement
  2. DroidJnkie

DroidJnkie Well-Known Member

Yes, I would be extremely interested to know which one is liked better as well. I am THIS close to ordering either phantomskinz or Boxwave, but Boxwave seems easier to put on.

3. kraze0g

well from what i heard, the crystal works better .. i guess the antiglare makes the screen a bit dimmer, yet on the positive side it doesn't allow fingerprints as much.

i think im going with the crystal because i want the glass quality to show - but if someone else has anything to say about which one to get plz do.

thanks

4. DroidJnkie

I don't know why no one is responding to this thread. I guess we'll just have to talk to each other. The thing I'm concerned about is oily residue on the clear, but I don't want to lose brightness on the anti-glare.

Why the heck can't we have both in one??

:confused:

5. Krugger

Krugger Well-Known Member

I have the Clear. I love it.

6. DroidJnkie

Can you tell that it's on?

Does it leave a lot of fingerprints and oily marks?

7. kraze0g

i think im gonna go with the clear one.. but 30 bucks for 3! i want to get just one but i dont want to screw it up.

8. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

You can't screw it up, it's just a plastic film that static clings to the screen.
    It gets smudgy (the clear one) just like the naked screen, but wipes clean pretty well. I really like mine, has a nice feel to it.

9. kraze0g

so you'd recommend the clear one? have u heard nething about the anti-glare if it messes with the screen clarity/brightness or anything when on?

10. darreno1

darreno1 Well-Known Member

I have the clear and probably won't need another protector for the life of the Droid as 3 comes in a pack and they seem very rugged. What is also cool about these is they can be taken off, washed and reused.

In terms of clarity, it is like it's name implies - crystal clear!! And even though it does get fingerprints, they don't stand out nearly as much as with the bare glass. The screen also seems as responsive as ever. I play several games that require smooth movement and never have a problem.

The only thing about these I didn't like was how much of a pain it was to get it straight when applying it. They are cut way too exact IMO which leads to bubbles along the edges if not applied correctly. It took quite a bit of patience but the end result was worth it.

My advice to the company: cut them a tiny bit smaller to make installation easier.

11. JonnyCerv

JonnyCerv Member

I have the anti-glare. I love it...but it does dull the screen a bit. No fingerprints to speak of though...

12. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

I have had both as well and the anti-glare suck. Above all else I want my screens brightness and clarity to shine though and the anti-glare do not allow this. The Clear Touch Crystal ones are 99% optically clear for the win :D

13. mcapehart

mcapehart Active Member

I have the anti-glare and prefer it over the crystal because of fingerprint prevention and the texture of the surface makes for nice swiping.

My screen is plenty bright.

14. kraze0g

thanks for the advice :D

15. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

I just ordered the Clear Touch Crystal (I have been using the ones I bought from Verizon). I hate installing these things but will give it a try.

16. superdesi

superdesi Well-Known Member

my vote also goes for anti glare. also, I had trouble applying mine cuz of so much dust and hair sticking to the adhesive side. So i went into the bathroom, turn the shower up on high heat and let it steam. Also took some scotch tape in there and pulled off as much dust and hair as I could and then applied. Came out very nice.

17. deej36

deej36 Member

I have the anit glare privacy protective screen and think it slows my touch response down. Since there is NO way to calibrate, I will be removing the privacy and just getting the invisiscreen...I have used that on other phone and love it.

18. kraze0g

i heard negative things about that one too with sensitivity issues when i was looking around. best one out of everyones response on this forum has been boxwave

19. MotoAlex

MotoAlex Active Member

Got my Boxwave anti-glare protector the other day and love it! It installed without a hitch (I was able to remove the only dust spec that got under it and smooth everything back out). Has a really nice feel, doesn't smudge nearly as much as the VZW protector I was using before, and the anti-glare works well although it may affect screen clarity at some angles of view.

20. DroidJnkie

At which angles? If you tilt it?

What I'm concerned about is when I'm watching a movie on it. If I point it straight at my face and watch it, will it still be a bit dull?

21. joneee

joneee Well-Known Member

I reviewed the Clarivue ultra-clear screen protector here which seems to be the same quality as Boxwave.
    I just recently exchanged it for the anti-glare one since the fingerprints were driving me crazy and I like it MUCH more than the ultra-clear version.
    Yes, there is the matte finish and look, but it does not obstruct with the clarity THAT much. I'm guessing perhaps 90% or so clarity. I will be reviewing the anti-glare version and post it here sometime tonight.

22. thenoseknows

thenoseknows Well-Known Member

I have used Clarivue for all of my mobile devices dating back to my Sidekick II. I absolutely love these screen protectors. They work phenomenally and are very easy to apply (and even remove and reapply when that one damn piece of dust finds its way into the middle of the screen during application). I have never used the anti-glare as I prefer not to lose any brightness, but all in all these things are wonderful. In fact, I decided it was a good idea to get a screen protector after scratching the screen of my Sidekick, and after applying the protector, the scratch was un-noticable because the Clarivue protector actually seemed to improve the overall appearance of the screen. I will continue to use Clarivue for all of my screen protecting needs.

23. shrink57

Received my Boxware Crystal yesterday and installed it this morning. This is the first protector that did not give me a major headache (used the steamed bathroom trick to minimize dust). It looks and feels great. I definitely give it a big thumbs up....

24. gentlefury

gentlefury Well-Known Member

so besides the ability to waste $30 what exactly is the point of putting a thin sheen of vinyl on a basically unscratchable unbreakable gorilla glass screen?

25. shrink57

Just read the forums. The "gorilla glass" is far from unscratchable. All it takes is a few grains of sand or contact with a key in your pockey - these screens DO scratch. I paid 12.95 for my protector (including shipping). I don't think it is money wasted. I am careful with my Droid but I do at times let down my guard.