Boxxwave Anti-glare vs crystalAccessories

Last Updated:

1. Toups

Toups New Member This Topic's Starter

Apr 30, 2010
    Incredible Screen Protector / HTC Incredible Screen Protector / Incredible Screen Cover / HTC Incredible Screen Cover / Incredible Screen Film - ClearTouch Anti-Glare

Incredible Screen Protector / HTC Incredible Screen Protector / Incredible Screen Cover / HTC Incredible Screen Cover / Incredible Screen Film - ClearTouch Crystal

Anyone try one or both?

I'm thinking I'd like the anti-glare because I use the phone as a gps which sometimes sunlight glares it while mounted on my windshield however i'm not sure if the anti-glare would reduce the overall quality when using it.. any feedback?

2. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

Nov 6, 2009
    I have used both and have a strong preference for the Crystal ones. They have 99% optical clarity so the screen looks as bright and vivid as the day you bought it. Anti-glare really tones the screen down and I dont like it, I would rather deal with the glare anyday.
    Toups likes this.
  3. g1701gst

g1701gst Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2010
    I have use the crystal screen protector on my last 4 phones. I loved it. I am planning on trying the anti-glare when it become available on may 14th. the anti-glare one is also anti-fingerprint. The DINC sceen is so bright and vivid I don't foresee any problems with it. I will report back once i use it. From old video reviews of the boxwave anti glare screen protector it looked very clear to me, the reviews also noted that it didnt take anything away from screen clarity and brightness.

Incredible Accessories / HTC Incredible Accessories / HTC Droid Incredible Accessories
  4. cortland1998

cortland1998 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2010

kjarrett Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    I had the Boxwave anti-glare. Did NOT see the image degradation everyone compares about. It looked awesome, was very pleased other than the bubbles I could not for the life of me get out, and the fact it never really 'set' in some parts of the screen. Didn't move around or anything, but, it was like it never fully seated.

Decided to try the Phantomskinz: Phantom Skinz - Clear and Matte-Finish Protection Film for HTC Droid Incredible - wanted to stay with a matte protector. I don't know if they sent me the wrong thing but it's NOT matte - it's shiny as all get out. The good news is the install was much more successful, not a bubble in sight, just some residual moisture that I know will evaporate in a couple of days. It's more tacky than the Boxwave, feel is completely different. The Boxwave reminds me of the feel (and look) of my Garmin GPS.

If you want a true matte protector, get the Boxwave and do your best to get it installed right. Just because I'm all thumbs doesn't mean you will be too. I'm sticking with the Phantomskinz for now because it's on, looks great (all edges are flat), and is protecting the phone, which is the main reason I got it...

Hope this helps,

6. rob316

rob316 Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Boxwave was horrible, never could get it on right. While I was at the mall, there was a Kiosk for a product called Clear-Coat, it's a whole phone protector for 25 bucks the person applied it to my DINC (Wow that sounds weird) and it works great. Here is the web site check it out.

Clear-Coat Scratch Protection