• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

BoyGeniusReport - Official Droid Review - 11/3

And PLEASE none of you Android fanboys accuse him of being an iphone fanboy because he said in some respects it can't compete with the iphone, or that Android isn't just quiet ready to run with the big dogs. Well, maybe he didn't quite say it can't run with them, but it's definitely still sniffing some butts. :D

Or those who will perceive this as a negative review because he had some harsh criticisms in a FEW areas and are going to "hold off" on this one because of it.

Upvote 0
Very good review and you can say what you want but the boy genius site is very biased when it comes to the iphone as well as gizmodo and many other blog sites. But I will say that for this review they were very unbiased and just stated the facts and what they liked and didn't like about the phone unlike the gizmodo review which basically said that their will never be a device better than the iphone. What I take from this review is out of the box the droid may not be better than the iphone from a consumer stand point but on the same level. With a few firmware upgrades and some user customization I believe it could easily pass the iphone as the better smartphone. Who agrees?

Upvote 0
Very good review and you can say what you want but the boy genius site is very biased when it comes to the iphone as well as gizmodo and many other blog sites. But I will say that for this review they were very unbiased and just stated the facts and what they liked and didn't like about the phone unlike the gizmodo review which basically said that their will never be a device better than the iphone. What I take from this review is out of the box the droid may not be better than the iphone from a consumer stand point but on the same level. With a few firmware upgrades and some user customization I believe it could easily pass the iphone as the better smartphone. Who agrees?

If I had a choice between the iPhone and the Droid on the same network, I would probably pick the Droid. I have always thought the iPhone was impressive, but it was not for me. I am a nerd at heart and Android plays to me.

Upvote 0

100% agree with you, especially about Gizmodo. They have their heads so far up Apples ass its embarrassing.

Upvote 0
After having an iPhone for the past year and a half, I can't say I'm exactly a fanboy, but I can see why Engadget and BGR speak so highly of it. If it weren't for the iPhone, there wouldn't be phones like the Droid coming out and challenging it. So for that purpose alone, the iPhone deserves some respect. That said, I'm very excited about the Droid, and would probably choose it over the iPhone even if iPhones were on Verizon's network. I get a little tired of the walled garden of Apple, and to do anything really interesting on the iPhone requires a jailbreak. Jailbreaking takes away any of the simplicity factor that people generally think of regarding the iPhone - I had to jailbreak it 3 times in the course of three months because Apple found ways to force a restore that broke the Jailbreak. Seriously turned me off to Apple. If I pay $300 for a device, I should be able to do whatever I want to with it. Very much looking forward to the openness of the Android platform and hoping they catch up to Apple very soon with things like pinch and zoom, internal memory capacity for apps, and mainstream apps. Go Android! The more people that buy these phones, the more likely we are to see more app development.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones