• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Brand New Desire HD - Can't Find Any Service Or Networks No Matter What SIM I Put In

D

Deleted User

As said in the title, my dad just received his new desire HD from Vodaphone and tasked me with setting it up. I was expecting it to be a doddle as I have had a desire NON HD with virgin back in june and it was easy to set up. Anyways turned it on and selected vodaphone with his sim - didnt work so I put mine in and selected virgin but lo and behold no networks, just wifi.

Anyone else experienced this? :thinking:

He was hesitating going with HTC because he likes brands like nokia etc and now I get a brand new one for him and it doesnt work. :rolleyes:

Usually with new Sim Cards they take 48hrs to "activate" just so there is no usage on the phone when you receive if someone has been tampering with it through the delivery system, But since you put your sim card which was already working in your own phone, It does seem to be a bit odd and i haven't heard of anyone having that problem yet.

Lets hope it's a one off and Glad you got it sorted.

Krim ;)

Upvote 0
hiya, im facing the same problem now. ive tried any sim and it stil doesnt work. Ive tried updating the phone but it says that the phone is up to date. also, sometimes when i remove my sim n put it bak again and turn the phone on, my internet 3g is working but it stil doesnt recognise my network provider which is orange.

i hope u guys can help me. thanks.

Jay

Upvote 0
try searching for a network, settings -> wireless and networks -> mobile networks -> network operators -> search networks. once you see the networks, select vodafone. i am presuming you are using the voda sim on a network locked phone. also check what it says under network mode settings -> wireless and networks -> mobile networks -> network mode. try changing to GSM only for starters and see if it works.

Upvote 0
hiya, im facing the same problem now. ive tried any sim and it stil doesnt work. Ive tried updating the phone but it says that the phone is up to date. also, sometimes when i remove my sim n put it bak again and turn the phone on, my internet 3g is working but it stil doesnt recognise my network provider which is orange.

i hope u guys can help me. thanks.

Jay

In my case I got a fried SIM all-of-the-sudden, so I had to change it to a new one for free from Orange. First I suspected it was the phone, but it was my external HDD I put the phone next to while it was working, so it was only a EM interference problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones