Brand New Desire HD - Can't Find Any Service Or Networks No Matter What SIM I Put InSupport

Last Updated:

1. Eat_My_Brains

Eat_My_Brains Member This Topic's Starter

As said in the title, my dad just received his new desire HD from Vodaphone and tasked me with setting it up. I was expecting it to be a doddle as I have had a desire NON HD with virgin back in june and it was easy to set up. Anyways turned it on and selected vodaphone with his sim - didnt work so I put mine in and selected virgin but lo and behold no networks, just wifi.

Anyone else experienced this? :confused:

He was hesitating going with HTC because he likes brands like nokia etc and now I get a brand new one for him and it doesnt work. :rolleyes:

Advertisement
  2. Eat_My_Brains

Okay ive forced the phone to search for updates via wifi under the about phone tab and its found one - hope this will fix it.

3. dvhttn

dvhttn Well-Known Member

Tried turning wifi off? When wifi is connected then data downloads are via this route. Though it should pick up the VF signal for calls......

Dave

4. Eat_My_Brains

The update seems to have worked, not sure what I would have done if there was no wifi though. Very strange, at least its fixed tho.

5. Krimian

Krimian Well-Known Member

Usually with new Sim Cards they take 48hrs to "activate" just so there is no usage on the phone when you receive if someone has been tampering with it through the delivery system, But since you put your sim card which was already working in your own phone, It does seem to be a bit odd and i haven't heard of anyone having that problem yet.

Lets hope it's a one off and Glad you got it sorted.

Krim ;)

6. HTC_newby

HTC_newby New Member

hiya, im facing the same problem now. ive tried any sim and it stil doesnt work. Ive tried updating the phone but it says that the phone is up to date. also, sometimes when i remove my sim n put it bak again and turn the phone on, my internet 3g is working but it stil doesnt recognise my network provider which is orange.

i hope u guys can help me. thanks.

Jay

7. anandv76

anandv76 Well-Known Member

try searching for a network, settings -> wireless and networks -> mobile networks -> network operators -> search networks. once you see the networks, select vodafone. i am presuming you are using the voda sim on a network locked phone. also check what it says under network mode settings -> wireless and networks -> mobile networks -> network mode. try changing to GSM only for starters and see if it works.

8. morcef

morcef New Member

In my case I got a fried SIM all-of-the-sudden, so I had to change it to a new one for free from Orange. First I suspected it was the phone, but it was my external HDD I put the phone next to while it was working, so it was only a EM interference problem.