Brand new HTC Tattoo owner

Last Updated: 2010-09-30 08:55:47
  1. Stereolad

Stereolad New Member

Hi,

I just got an HTC Tattoo on Orange, and I'm loving it! (despite discovering that some apps aren't available for it - something they omitted to mention in the shop!)

Anyone recommend a particularly good app? So far I've downloaded:

Alice
    Personal Assistant free (haven't logged in yet)
    Movies
    NetCounter
    Dolphin Browser
    GDE Home Screen
    Documents to go free
    Wireless On/Off

Bit annoyed I can't get Where or Mobile Banking UK, but heigh ho...

Advertisement
  2. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Welcome to Android Forums!! :)
  3. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

welcome to the forums, glad to have ya aboard
  4. swennl

swennl Active Member

maby you can find some apps at SlideME | Android Community and Application Marketplace you can install the apps with htc sync.
    Apps You must have :
    Some Taskmanager like taskiller,
    shazam
    some file exproller like es file exproler
    and maby a navigation app.

Have fun with your tattoo !
  5. Huw

Huw Well-Known Member

Astro file manager. It's an excellent utility that also has some nice surprises, like a process killer. I never leave /home without it! ;)
  6. WilfMoralee

WilfMoralee Well-Known Member

Astro is the best file manager/task manager by far, and still free at the moment.

How is GDE Homescreen? Want to try it but no trial, and not willing to stump up the cash before i know what it is and how it works.
  7. Stereolad

Stereolad New Member

Thanks for all the replies.

As for GDE Homescreen, I've only had it on my phone for a few days, but it seems really good. Really like the cube effect (it provides 5 screens, so it's more of a pentagon effect I suppose...). No Glitches so far. Adding widgets, shortcuts and the like is very straightforward and the bar at the bottom of the screen scrolls up when activated to show all your apps in an alphabetical list. There are comments on the market page about it running slow, but I can't say I've noticed so maybe they've fixed that.

It's only a couple of euros isn't it? I'd say it's worth it.
  8. moblinLinux

moblinLinux Member

if your tatoo wont see market search
    search google for the .apk
    download astro first on marketll
    This will insstall .apk apps
  9. K'man

K'man New Member

You may try Android Manager WiFi for your mobile management. It can manage your contacts, messages, photos, videos, musics... the only thing not good is that it only supports WiFi. but it's free. it's ok for me.