Brand New Nexus one user here with a Google Voice ?

Last Updated:

1. dvigue

dvigue Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I cant wait to get my Nexus one tommorrow. i had never used android untill last thursday when i bought a behold 2, installed 1.6 on it instead of samsungs stuff, and i have LOVED it. i liked it so much, that i sold it and ordered my nexus one yestreday...i love the android OS, you get best of both worlds if you ask me, some stuff from blackberry and some from iphone OS...Love it..

one question. i have a google voice acount. i woudl like to use GV as my sms so i dont have to pay for SMS. can i use the native SMS android App for my GV sms messages? or do i have to use GV sms app?

THanks!

Advertisement
  2. ap3604

ap3604 Well-Known Member

You have to use the Google Voice app to send txt msgs.

3. RogerPodacter

RogerPodacter Well-Known Member

there IS a work around if you want to use the native text app. if you enable text forwarding in google voice, then you will receive a text from a 406 area code. each contact in your address book will have a unique 406 number assigned to it, such that if you save this number to each of your contacts, you can then send a text to THIS 406 number and your contacts will receive it and see it as coming from your google voice number.

its actually not a big deal, but definitely will achieve what you want. google uses a bunch of 406 numbers as a proxy number for all google voice users. many people use this method so far and works good.

4. dvigue

dvigue Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

oh, but you will still be charged for the text messages then? i wanted to cancel my text package, and use my google voice, and use my native text app for it..