Brand new One XGeneral

1. europadroid

europadroid Well-Known Member

Hi there

I have just bought a brand new One X off a private buyer - I won't receive it for a few days yet. The phone has never even been switched on, so I assume it will have ICS on it.

Seeing quite a few threads on here with peeps having JB issues, will the phone just 'offer' me the update, or force the udpate? I'm thinking until things settle down, I might stick with ICS if it is possible to do so.

Or, am I misguided :D (always likely)

Advertisement
  2. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

It'll just 'offer' :)

For me JB has one importantly feature:
    USB host mode for connecting USB drives.

Harry
  3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

I also think if you refuse it a set number of times (not sure how many), it will stop offering it too.
    europadroid likes this.
  4. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

... or you might uncheck 'Scheduled check' in Settings/About phone/Software updates ... :)

Harry
    europadroid and El Presidente like this.
  5. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Oh yeah :p :eek:
  6. europadroid

interesting, thanks both. I don't attach my current phone (Desire) to the PC very often, but it is handy to be able to do it when needed. I'll have a look at the settings when I get the phone in a couple of days - can't wait!
  7. europadroid

Got the phone now, it is on ICS right now. Haven't had an offer to upgrade to JB yet...so will play it by ear. So far, really loving the phone....light years away from my Desire!
  8. europadroid

OK. So had the phone a couple of weeks, and I am really loving it. I am not super-fussy about phone performance, but impressed I am. Been hooked on looking at various reviews and comparisons against various other phones, and also people raving about how much better their phone is since the JB update.

The JB update is awaiting should I choose to do so :hmmmm2: .....

And now I know the update is there, I'm very tempted to go for it. As long as I'm prepared to spend a bit of time doing a full reset (which I don't mind doing) to make sure the phone has a fair chance - would you go for it or stick with ICS?
  9. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

I connect my One X via WiFi home network to my PC and to my network drive, so JB's lost ability to connect as USB mass storage isn't important for me.

Important for me is the One X's USB OTG ability that came with JB :)
    Via USB OTG cable now I can read and write on USB thumb drives, even can use an extern USB SD card reader to r/w on SD cards.

And there is also JB's feature to identify apps which created a notification and to disable their ability of notifications.

Harry
    europadroid likes this.
  10. europadroid

Well then....I've gone and done it. JB now installed, plus a separate 14mb update and a People udpate. So far so good....still attached to WiFi, no green tint when camera flashes.

The phone really is smoother and 'feels' faster. :thumbup:

ps. this is an unlocked un-branded phone bought from Amazon
  11. seesunmoon

seesunmoon Member

enjoy your new phone
    europadroid likes this.