• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Brand new One X

europadroid

Jan 19, 2011
UK
Hi there

I have just bought a brand new One X off a private buyer - I won't receive it for a few days yet. The phone has never even been switched on, so I assume it will have ICS on it.

Seeing quite a few threads on here with peeps having JB issues, will the phone just 'offer' me the update, or force the udpate? I'm thinking until things settle down, I might stick with ICS if it is possible to do so.

Or, am I misguided :D (always likely)

OK. So had the phone a couple of weeks, and I am really loving it. I am not super-fussy about phone performance, but impressed I am. Been hooked on looking at various reviews and comparisons against various other phones, and also people raving about how much better their phone is since the JB update.

The JB update is awaiting should I choose to do so :hmmmm2: .....

And now I know the update is there, I'm very tempted to go for it. As long as I'm prepared to spend a bit of time doing a full reset (which I don't mind doing) to make sure the phone has a fair chance - would you go for it or stick with ICS?

Upvote 0
I connect my One X via WiFi home network to my PC and to my network drive, so JB's lost ability to connect as USB mass storage isn't important for me.

Important for me is the One X's USB OTG ability that came with JB :)
Via USB OTG cable now I can read and write on USB thumb drives, even can use an extern USB SD card reader to r/w on SD cards.

And there is also JB's feature to identify apps which created a notification and to disable their ability of notifications.

Harry

Reactions: europadroid
Upvote 0
Well then....I've gone and done it. JB now installed, plus a separate 14mb update and a People udpate. So far so good....still attached to WiFi, no green tint when camera flashes.

The phone really is smoother and 'feels' faster. :thumbup:

ps. this is an unlocked un-branded phone bought from Amazon

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones