branded vs unbranded 3uk are..

Last Updated:

1. jaybo1973

jaybo1973 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all

It seems that 3 have dropped there backup network, so if you cant get 3G, you are f*

Advertisement
  2. master_yoda

master_yoda Well-Known Member

No truth at all.

Also, mines a generic unbranded Desire on 3 and I have an excellent 3G signal.

If youve lost your 2G fall-back they should let you cancel your contract.

3. jaybo1973

if they let me cancel. What would happen with my handset? I paid 140 towards it with CPW

4. master_yoda

Since you took out your contract with CPW you would need to go through them to try and cancel.

I know 3 themselves have let quite a few people cancel their contracts after they phoned and complained about the loss of 2g fall-back, saying they cant get a signal inside their home or work etc. Some they let keep the handset without charge, others had to make a small payment on the handset to keep it depending on handset value and how long theyve had it. From what Ive read online, even the ones who had fairly recently started a new contract only had to make a small payment of say

5. jaybo1973

6. snakeeyes21

snakeeyes21 Well-Known Member

7. master_yoda

I may be wrong, but I Thought when you take out a contract with carphone warehouse the contract is with them? I Know there tarrifs are slightly different to what you get going straight to the network.

I can also find a case on another forum where the customer cancelled his 3 contract due to loss of 2g fall-back by contacting CPW, as he took it out through them and not directly through 3.

8. jaybo1973

I will try them both. 3 have dealt with me directly in the past. They offered me a different phone once saying that the desire is poor on 3?? I thought it was odd. Could try this again and get a dhd ;) I heard that they can let individuals have access to 2g?

9. master_yoda

Once 2g coverage has been switched off in a certain area no one on 3 can access it unfortunately.

If you can get 3 to cancel your contract for you I wouldnt contact CPW at all, just keep the handset. :D

I would consider giffgaff as a replacement as long as o2 has decent coverage round your way.

10. jaybo1973

They must be doing it in stages. Just been to Sherwood forests which is about 6 miles from home. It roamed ok. STill shocking though. My missus orange phone had full H. Was cut off from roaming on the way back.

I need a replacement that price matches my current one if they let me go. It's a shame it has come to this

11. jaybo1973

Well just spoke to 3 customer services and it was like talking to a robot. I got absalutely nowhere. "yes the 2g network has been switched off in your area" I f*&^%$% know that!!!

Its like speaking to......... no, I won't spoil my manners. Now what?

12. spile

spile Well-Known Member

Interesting - I am using a 3 branded Desire on Orange!