Break in your screen!Tips

Last Updated:

1. bluehaze013

bluehaze013 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Was a bit disappointed at first with the screen it had a blue tint to it and was kind of washed out. I do lighting for movies and TV shows and some of the bulbs we use require a burn in period when they are new before they will settle at the proper color temperature so just for the heck of it I decided to try this with my EVO screen.

I downloaded a flashlight app that turns the screen on 100% and makes it all white and i've left it plugged in for a couple hours now with that program running and there is a noticable change in the color temperature, it's still got a slight blue hue to it but it's barely noticeable now and I am thinking in a couple more hours it will be pretty close to normal.

If your screen has a blue tint to it give it a try and see what you think.

Advertisement
  2. gabbott

gabbott Well-Known Member

Hrm interesting. Coming from a moment I noticed the screen on my EVO seemed a bit washed out with a bluish tint, might have to give this a try.

3. bluehaze013

bluehaze013 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

After about 3-4 Hours my screen looks noticeably better but that's about the limit of it, I would say after about 4 hours theres no point to doing it anymore as there is no more change in the screen by this point.