• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help break it down for the n00b

toxicbunny

Lurker
Jul 8, 2010
okay so got my unlocked x10 yesterday...i think the phone is hot!!

i'm reading alot about rooting and roms but still unclear on whats going on here.....

now i'm new to the whole android thing and the never owned a sony phone so just wondering if anyone could give me a brief breakdown of whats possible with this little gadget.

ie.
software breakdown....what i should have and can do with it...

customization breakdown...custom OS? or layouts or theming?? custom ringtones possible?

app breakdown.....any suggested apps that are must haves..for videos or anything in general....

it took me like 2 days to figure out how to get rid of the previous emails that were in there just hoping someone could make this process a little easier

let me knows possible and even where to look for some good reading!!! thx again

Hey there toxicbunny, welcome to the Sony X10.
What you should do is go for a bit of a browse through this forum. It should start to answer a lot of your questions. Then come back and ask some more specific questions.
I assume you've set up the phone with your Google account.
The next thing you should do is click the market button and start downloading some apps. I recommend looking at each of the sections and downloading some of the top free apps and just play around with them. Uninstall the ones you don't like. This will give you an idea of the phones capabilities.
If you Google for top or best Android apps it should give you an idea of what you can do.
You need to play with it and get a feel for the operating system. It can take a bit of getting used to if you're coming from a different phone platform.

/John

P.S. the phone has waymore in common with other Android phones than it does with other Sony phones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones