Break it down! Oh, oh oh oh!! (myns warm 2.2)

Last Updated:

1. nintennuendo

nintennuendo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I was using Fresh 3.3, loved it, but I went to myns warm because it boasted really nice visuals, a nicer sense which I now don't use, and I do like the custom font. Also the big thing was the haxked wired tether, which only works with 3g, so that was a bummer. Anyway, fresh 3.4 is out now and I got much better battery life with fresh. Almost twice as much.

Question is, how can I get some of the nice visuals on fresh? Mainly the fonts, the nicer icons in the toolbar, the transparency on most things so I can see wallpaper and other things behind other things?

edit: so I found this: 109 Flashable Font Packs - Change your system fonts the easy way! - xda-developers

That solves fonts. Transparency and toolbar icons?

Advertisement
  2. bvbull200

bvbull200 Banned

nintennuendo likes this.
  3. Brent Pierce

Brent Pierce Well-Known Member

4. bvbull200

bvbull200 Banned

Exactly. Backup your current ROM, then wipe your chaches, then flash it like a ROM. It will NOT take away any data, but since you are going through all of the effort anyways, it wouldn't hurt to run Titanium Backup first.

5. EvoWalkman

EvoWalkman Active Member

Anyone know the font that Warm 2.2 uses?

6. nintennuendo

I do not, but I went back to warm 2.2. Fresh does give me slightly better battery life, but warm just looks so much nicer to me, and no matter what I tried or how many times I wiped and installed fresh again to try new themes or whatnot, nothing came close. Too much about warm I like. The icons when holding down power. The ability to shutdown and reboot into recovery automatically. Everything, really. A much nicer sense, though I don't use it at all and prefer launcherpro plus. Fresh is much better for longevity and performance, but I didn't get my phone so I could only use it when I need to. I got it because I wanted a kickass phone to put my iPhone coworkers down with. "Oh, you have a final fantasy remake? I have six remakes, plus the other four in various forms. Oh, and Chrono Trigger." Warm 2.2 just has too much good looks to sacrifice for the performance for me. That being said, I AM in fact looking for ways to get better battery life.

The biggest thing for me was ATK set to autokill every 30 with aggressive level. Does wonders for me and even a friend who still is unrooted and uses sense ui. Other than that, advice is welcome!

Thanks to bvbull200 for the help and links.

7. Brent Pierce

I agree nintennuendo. I had Warm for about a week. Just switched to Fresh yesterday and it's so bland. I miss Warm. I think I'm going to go back to my backup that I made before I flashed Fresh. And, honestly, I'm not getting incredible battery life. Granted, I've had to use Titanium to bring all my apps+data back and restore it to make it MY phone again, but still, I'm not blown away.

Oh well, Fresh was fun while it lasted.

8. nintennuendo

I was with Fresh for almost a month and I loved it. It was the first rom after I rooted and came from stock. As far as I was concerned, it was the end. Why bother with anything else. Eventually my travels led me to a place where I needed the default USB Tethering without installing anything and I did not want to pay another $30 to sprint to do so. I saw that myns did it by default, then I tracked down how, flashed it to Fresh and tried it. Didn't work for some reason. I backed up my stuff and flashed Warm to try it out. Loved it for about a week, then decided that the battery life wasn't enough. To my surprise a new version of fresh just came out that has USB Tethering cracked as well so I jumped back as fast as I could. It was like eating plain white bread and bologna. nice once in a while, but never more than once a month. I couldn't take it, I ran back to warm. I'm committed to Warm until something else mindblowingly beautiful comes along that boasts nice tweaks and features. :)

9. chadk881

chadk881 Member

Loving Myn's warm 2.2. yeah i agree I just rooted and started flashing different Roms this week ran into warm and stopped. Deciding now which kernal to go to i'm still using the stock one right now. I really like the transitions between screens alot.

Chad

10. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

I like myns, and i try new roms when they come out, but i always find my way back to fresh. I was worried that fresh was dying, but with the new update my worries are gone, so back to fresh.

11. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Well-Known Member

Anybody do the battery tweak with Myn's Warm??? I am chomping at the bit over here....gonna have to give it a go as Myns+stock kernel is okay ref battery life but would like it to be better. Does anybody know if I can do the battery tweak with the stock kernel??? I am assumming I can....but....

12. JasonK75

JasonK75 Well-Known Member

I too was a loyal Fresh fan from the Hero to the EVO, but now that I have tried Warm 2.2 I just cannot go back to flipz. I feel like I'm betraying him, but Myn's ROM is just so awesome visually!

13. Gophert

Gophert Well-Known Member

I was the same way. Fresh was very solid, but now that I am running Warm, i don't see myself going back either. Maybe I will alternate days?

14. bvbull200

bvbull200 Banned

The stock kernel is a great kernel to run the battery tweak with. The only thing that the battery tweak interferes with is using SetCPU. You need to freeze it with Titanium or uninstall it if you want to run the battery tweak.

15. Brent Pierce

I just recently re-enabled the battery tweak.I also froze setCPU. So far, great battery life. I'm also using stock kernel.

16. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Well-Known Member

I think I have it installed....but I could not get to that second part where you confirm it is working.....that -5 -nm1 command or whatever it is. SO not really sure if I got it to stick. Do you know any other way to check? I get a "not found" when I type that command. Everything else went smoothly so I am assuming I got er done. I do like Myn's ROM a lot but dayum, I am older and have a hard time reading that small ass print. I guess I will have to download a font package....maybe stock or something. I am done for the day. I woke up stock this morning and I have so much crap on my phone now....but it is running quite nicely....just hopefully get that battery tweak going because my first day with this ROM, the battery took a pretty good beating....kinda like when it was new because I was jackin with the phone all day....

17. goodboy

goodboy Well-Known Member

Define great? I'm curious about using the battery tweak. But I'm using Kings#11 and I was able to get 17hrs yesterday from 9am till about 2am.

18. Brent Pierce

Well, maybe not 17 hours for me. But I unplugged at about 9:00 this morning, and it's about 8:30 pm (11.5 hrs) and I'm at 16% left. medium use. So, technically, not GREAT, but good enough.

19. quocamole

quocamole Member

a lot of myn's theme comes from manups found here:
    REVOlution EVO 1.2r1

20. douknownam

douknownam Active Member

former fresh user, now on myn's rom... doesn't look like I'll go back either, love the reboot options.

21. Brent Pierce

So, yesterday I got over 18 hours of battery life with light use. But, today I only got 8 before it died on me. I'm not sure if the battery tweak is to blame, or just something funky happening, like getting stuck in a sync or something. I stopped using my phone at 30% and about an hour later, I looked, and it was at 2%.

22. codyisnottanner

codyisnottanner Member

my friends do this too

23. mitchellvii

mitchellvii Well-Known Member

Been using warm for a while and diggin it. Then CM6.1 came out and had to give it a shot. Along with Snap 7.6 and Turbo, it was "faster" at things like surfing the web, etc, than Warm - but damn, I just missed that smooth warm "feel".

Even though CM6.1 is faster, Warm just feels smoother. I think it must be the animations or something.

P.S., I know this is anathema and I'm not supposed to even recommend task killers anymore since the PTB have declared they do no good at all under Froyo, but I just have to say that I was getting some lag issues under Warm with heavy use. I threw my trusty old Autokiller on there and boom, no lagginess.

Who knows, works for me.

24. goodboy

goodboy Well-Known Member

Myns TpT is great. Wouldnt mind trying 6.1, but I dont want to play the battery game again and see if it lasts me a whole day or not. I also want my HDMI to work and 4G too(since NYC 4G went live today).

25. nintennuendo

I notice a big difference with Advanced Task Killer on warn 2.2 and so does my friend on sense stock no root. I set it to kill every 30 at aggressive and that really helps me. almost doubles battery life.