Breakdown of phone memory?

Last Updated:

1. Huw

Huw Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone know of a way of viewing a breakdown of phone memory usage? If it starts getting full (which presumably won't take long given the measly amount we have to begin with) I'll want to know what to delete or trim to free up space.

SMS messages are stored on the phone memory, aren't they?

Advertisement
  2. royiswise

royiswise Member

Hmmm,

The only thing I can think of is to check in the Settings > Application Settings > Manage applications.

This gives a break down of how much space each application is taking up on the phone and also you can clear data or uninstall applications (Sadly not the Orange preinstalled ones)

3. Huw

Huw Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ah, yes, that's pretty much what I was after. You can sort by size, it seems, and clear caches and data from individual apps too. Thanks! Roy is indeed wise!

4. royiswise

royiswise Member

No Problem Huw :)

5. nazarr

nazarr New Member

Hi everyone.I am sure all have heard this before,but is there any way to load apps and run them from the SDCard on Eris. Just recived mine and I am doing a test run for a few days.I am formally a WM 6.1 user and I am attempting to find a way to use the SDCard on the Eris. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

6. royiswise

royiswise Member

Nazarr most likely best to post in the Droid Eris section,

But found this Quote from Cnet "Unfortunately, you still can't save apps to a microSD card; you must store them on the phone's shared internal memory. The Droid Eris offers 512MB ROM and 288MB RAM, but you can store photos and music files on the microSD card."

Click here to see :)

7. BTaylor

BTaylor Active Member

Wrong forum mate, but to answer your question: You can run apps from the SD card, but it requires formatting your SD card with a fat partition and an ext3 partition, then using app2sd to get the functionality.

8. nazarr

nazarr New Member

Hey thaks for the quick reply.I thought that by now droid would have this issue resolved.Seeing how many people around the planet live off there SDCards.Again thanks. And I will post it on the Eris section next time.:)