• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Breaking Metro Terms Because of PRL? Proper PRL for Portland, OR / Greater Pacific Northwest Area?

I recently received this warning text from Metro PCS on my CDMA smartphone (sorry -- I actually use a Verizon CDMA iPhone 4 but this is the most relevant forum for what I believe to be a Metro PRL issue):

Your Service is predominantly used off-net violating the Terms and Conditions, found at metropcs.com. Upgrade to a new phone now to enjoy a much larger network

They continue with another text:

Please visit your local MetroPCS store or our website at www.metropcs.com for available options.

I don't know if they're going to disable my service or not, but I'd like to not be breaking their terms if possible. Does anyone know what PRL I should use for CDMA smartphone in Portland, OR? I'm currently using 3032, which I have to re-apply to my phone sometimes when it downloads a new PRL (data stops working when that happens).

So basically you are using the Metro PCS PRL for a Verizon phone? Maybe the problem is that they do not authorize the use of Metro PRL's on the Verizon network in your location, or the terms between Metro and Verizon have changed since your first use of the list you mention. Forcing it may have triggered a flag which triggers the message you are getting.

Upvote 0
So basically you are using the Metro PCS PRL for a Verizon phone? Maybe the problem is that they do not authorize the use of Metro PRL's on the Verizon network in your location, or the terms between Metro and Verizon have changed since your first use of the list you mention. Forcing it may have triggered a flag which triggers the message you are getting.

This Verizon iPhone 4 is fully flashed to MetroPCS with some advanced software called CDMA Tool (cdmatool.com) so it's 100% working. I'm just wondering how to resolve the issue of breaking Metro's terms by going "off net."

I now understand (from reading this forum) that Metro is shutting down their CDMA network so I'm guessing this has something to do with my issue. Oh well, a good excuse to buy a shiny new GSM smartphone. Maybe I'll try using a newer PRL first, although last time I tried to go beyond 3032, my data stopped working.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones