• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Breathing life back to venture dev

spen1995

Dec 15, 2012
I have been away from venture for some time now developing galaxy s2 and 3 other phones roms, and im back to get this phone on the top, msg me if you need any help i have learned some extensive smali language if youd like me to help with settings customization, venture rules!! :)

be nice if can get the touch screen addjustment if,at all possable and get the cammera to work when u clock the phone over 600mhz i dont think will happen due to the quialty of the phone componets

I'd settle for the camera just working reasonably at normal clock speed...I hate hate HATE how it gives me a still image (and plays the camera click sound if I haven't disabled it) a second before it takes the picture rather than a moment after, I lose so many shots that way.

Drandroid supports initd scripts already.

Speaking of which, does Drandroid Lite happen to have built-in support for SD-EXT mounting of /data?

Upvote 0
sorry not understanding

It's all my fault! ;)

app2sd is the native function for moving part of apps to SD. It's helpful but not enough. To do more, you partition your SD card, setting aside a portion of it to be formatted with an EXT2, EXT3, or EXT4 filesystem, the same type commonly used in linux. Then there are a variety of techniques and apps you can use to put stuff there from the back-end without Android really knowing what trick you're pulling, resulting in you having more space.

Along those lines I've been using link2sd, which moves much more of an app than app2sd and creates a symbolic link wherever an original file was. It's a much better solution than app2sd but still not as good as I'd want. I considered just abandoning the entire /data partition and mounting my SD's EXT3 partition on /data but I'm lazy and haven't gotten around to experimenting with that yet.

Then I read this:

Have you tried an sd-ext partition? Those do wonders for working around low internal storage, they basically make the phone think it has far more than it really does. If you say, used an 8GB card, the internal storage in settings--storage will display 8GB of 'internal' storage if using an sd-ext. I find it preferable to apps2sd because simply moving to SD still leaves certain parts on the internal which means you still quickly run out if your device has little internal memory to begin with.

On reading that I realized that I'm not only not the first person with the idea, but that there is an existing design and perhaps even an existing system. I mentioned it to Dracable who adjusted Drandroid Lite, and here we are.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones