Breeding contactsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. RMMahoney

RMMahoney Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

Love the Droid Eris, left the iPhone as soon as I could jump ship and haven't regretted it one minute.

That being said...

My wifes Eris has been getting a little jiggy, seems that her contacts are breeding. I had her complete her address book and export it as a CSV file and then uploaded it to her gamil account. Took care of the problem for a while, but now she is again getting multiple contacts again for the same people.

She is only using her Gmail account with the Eris and just using Yahoo on her macbook.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. RC Addict

RC Addict Well-Known Member

I went and looked at my contact list on gmail just now. While my phone only had 172 contacts my gmail contact list totals 321. Not all had multiple listings for the same contact but the ones that did had three and some even four.

Perhaps start on that end?

BTW--I turned off auto-update some time ago so I am guessing that is why my phone's list had not been "breeding".

3. superchaos

superchaos Well-Known Member

Just curious, when you open your phone, tap menu>phone settings. I have the box unchecked for Save to contacts. Not sure if that will help or not.