• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root (Brick)LG G2 D801 Claro PR

Slowly running out of options.

Well going for the hex editing of the tot. atleast this attempt won't further cripple my phone.

If this doesn't pull through then i will have no choice but to take a leap of faith with a d800 custom recovery.

The question is, which tot are you going with considering the conflicting model number stampings? D800 or D801?

Upvote 0
https://mega.co.nz/#!8c50wBiR!1CInEIEkA1SJPOv4a_KgM1isr4JBC2oaZLDAq5buffYbuffY

Its likely to be a slow download but there is the already hexedited d800 tot. Theres also a LGUP dll in there. You can give that one a shot if you want, if you get the cross dll fail, try one from the other link I posted a day or 2 ago. If you have Linux and a hexexitor you'll probably be time ahead to do it yourself.

Reactions: bberryhill0
Upvote 0
well good news is that i edited the tot, and it made through and flashed the phone. now at 95% it gave a FBOOT check indication in the software. it kept up this fboot check for a minute or two, then showed an fboot error and stoped. now the phone is just stuck at lg logo with glowing led. when i try to enter download mode it just hangs at the blue dots logo. (Lost download mode now). i still got factory reset but doesn't change a damn thing. just lost adb access to phone as it only shows it self as lge com and serial port and in modem as lge usb modem. thats it. now i've completely lost my device. can't think of anything else now cause im really exhausted. been up for almost 23hrs.
now only have one choice. shorting the capacitors to get to fastboot mode. this thing is trying my patience, and sadly succeeding.......:saddroid:

* have already tried using koush drivers to get something but no response. phone doesn't even show up in linux.

Upvote 0
Dammit sorry man. And the sad thing is, we don't even know what to try next time if the capacitor shorting trick works. My suggestion if you can force bulk mode, is to flash aboot, boot and laf for the d800 to restore download mode, then use maybe even flash ALL of the partitions while you're at it so you can avoid the "wrong model" and "cross dll" errors entirely. Then use the unedited tot and lg flash dll in instead of the hexedited one and LGUP dll.

Reactions: kamie_ikram
Upvote 0
These G2 problems have become so complex that I'm essentially pulling up stakes and moving all my support efforts to Freenode IRC, channel #lg-g2.

Hate to do it, but issues that we can solve in minutes/hours there seem to take days/weeks in a forum format. I'll still be checking in here when I can but will likely have a reduced presence. FYI, my IRC nick is Ncrypt3d.

Reactions: bberryhill0
Upvote 0
hi sir, i am from pakistan due to this reason my english is poor so plz don't mind . my name is zaid and i have same issu like DINJOEL but my problem is that my lg g2 T mobile 801 from usa and now is in softbrick state, i am very glade to you plz send me link for partitions of lg g2 801 from Usa.Sir i send you pics of my phone below plz check thes pics and send me correct link for partitions with complete method. plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Attachments

• 20150428_093201[1].jpg
    20150428_093201[1].jpg
    304.5 KB · Views: 47
  • 20150428_093247[1].jpg
    20150428_093247[1].jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 46
Upvote 0
hi sir, i am from pakistan due to this reason my english is poor so plz don't mind . my name is zaid and i have same issu like DINJOEL but my problem is that my lg g2 T mobile 801 from usa and now is in softbrick state, i am very glade to you plz send me link for partitions of lg g2 801 from Usa.Sir i send you pics of my phone below plz check thes pics and send me correct link for partitions with complete method. plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You seem to have a legit d801 and not a Claro version (d803). If so, here are your partitions:

http://downloads.codefi.re/autoprime/LG/LG_G2/D801BK/Stock_Firmware/20a_partitions

I'd recommend fastboot flashing aboot, boot, dbi, laf, rpm, sbl1 and tz...

fastboot flash aboot aboot.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash dbi dbi.img
fastboot flash laf laf.img
fastboot flash rpm rpm.img
fastboot flash sbl1 sbl1.img
fastboot flash tz tz.img

That should restore download mode at which time you can flash a kdz/tot to fully restore your device stock per these intructs:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2432476

Reactions: zaidqurreshi
Upvote 0

Attachments

• 20150428_093201[1].jpg
    20150428_093201[1].jpg
    304.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 20150428_093247[1].jpg
    20150428_093247[1].jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 43
Upvote 0

I did send you partitions and complete method. Your phone is marked d801. If that is correct, follow instructions above. Cheers.

Upvote 0
You seem to have a legit d801 and not a Claro version (d803). If so, here are your partitions:

http://downloads.codefi.re/autoprime/LG/LG_G2/D801BK/Stock_Firmware/20a_partitions

I'd recommend fastboot flashing aboot, boot, dbi, laf, rpm, sbl1 and tz...

fastboot flash aboot aboot.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash dbi dbi.img
fastboot flash laf laf.img
fastboot flash rpm rpm.img
fastboot flash sbl1 sbl1.img
fastboot flash tz tz.img

That should restore download mode at which time you can flash a kdz/tot to fully restore your device stock per these intructs:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2432476
thanx sir but please tell me during flashing this can i need to erase previous partitions.plz reply me quick

Upvote 0
If you have problems with sbl1 after more tries, unplug phone, press and hold power for NO LESS THAN 15 seconds, then release power button. Next, press and hold volume up while at the same time plugging phone into computer to get download mode. If you see "firmware update" screen, you are ready to flash kdz/tot and restore your phone.

آپ کو زیادہ کوشش کرتا ہے کے بعد sbl1 پلگ نکال دیں فون ، پریس کے ساتھ مسائل ہیں، اور کوئی کم از کم 15 سیکنڈ کے لئے بجلی پر فائز ہیں ، اس کے بعد بجلی بٹن کی رہائی . اگلا، ایک ہی وقت میں ڈاؤن لوڈ، اتارنا کے موڈ کو حاصل کرنے کے کمپیوٹر میں فون plugging کی جبکہ پریس اور ہولڈ حجم اوپر . آپ " firmware اپ ڈیٹ " سکرین نظر آئے تو، آپ kdz / TOT فلیش اور اپنے فون کو بحال کرنے کے لئے تیار ہیں .

Upvote 0
If you have problems with sbl1 after more tries, unplug phone, press and hold power for NO LESS THAN 15 seconds, then release power button. Next, press and hold volume up while at the same time plugging phone into computer to get download mode. If you see "firmware update" screen, you are ready to flash kdz/tot and restore your phone.

آپ کو زیادہ کوشش کرتا ہے کے بعد sbl1 پلگ نکال دیں فون ، پریس کے ساتھ مسائل ہیں، اور کوئی کم از کم 15 سیکنڈ کے لئے بجلی پر فائز ہیں ، اس کے بعد بجلی بٹن کی رہائی . اگلا، ایک ہی وقت میں ڈاؤن لوڈ، اتارنا کے موڈ کو حاصل کرنے کے کمپیوٹر میں فون plugging کی جبکہ پریس اور ہولڈ حجم اوپر . آپ " firmware اپ ڈیٹ " سکرین نظر آئے تو، آپ kdz / TOT فلیش اور اپنے فون کو بحال کرنے کے لئے تیار ہیں .
thanx sir love u ,your knowledge save my lg g2

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones