Bricked Ascend? (Cricket)

1. ThreeOneTwo

ThreeOneTwo New Member

I'm pretty sure I messed up my phone. I am new to rooting, and I had rooted my Ascend about a month ago in July. I had Cyanogenmod 7 flashed, but there was an issue with the wifi - it would turn off after about 10 seconds every time I tried to turn it on. So I decided to reflash it in CWM recovery rather than the application itself. While in recovery, I did the factory reset and dalvik cache wipe. After that, I went to install zip from sdcard. When I selected that, it said that there were no zips on the SD. So I assumed that the SD got formatted/wiped as well somewhere. I rebooted the phone after that, thinking that it would go back to the original booting sequence (Huawei logo, Android animation, Cricket animation). Instead, it goes from the Huawei logo to the Cyanogenmod Ascend animation and freezes there every time I turn it on. If it is indeed bricked, it's not the end of the world for me, but it would be nice to keep this phone and not have to get a new one.

Advertisement
    :
  2. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

Get a card reader and put it in your computer and re format the sd card and put the cm7.zip rom back on there. Than put it back in the phone and reboot into recover and wipe everything again EXCEPT SD Card than flash and reboot and enjoy. ;)