Bricked Avail, no launcher or keyboard

1. malcolmsharp

malcolmsharp Member

I have a rooted Avail, and I've taken the default launcher and keyboard out of the ROM because I wasn't using them. Well, I messed up later and went to factory settings. Of course, now I have a phone with no launcher or keyboard.

I have the t-card file, but I can't get to settings to load it. I can't sideload anything because I can't get to anything on the phone.

Any suggestions? I never set up the adb connection, and even if I did I can't set usb debugging now.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Motorhead1991

Motorhead1991 Well-Known Member

Did you ever flash Clockworkmod? I may be able to get you booted back up.

NOTE: You will be starting from a fresh phone, meaning all the stuff you downloaded will be gone.
  3. malcolmsharp

malcolmsharp Member

No, I haven't. And i'm already at that state, so I don't care.
  4. Motorhead1991

5. malcolmsharp

malcolmsharp Member

OK... it installed, but when I select install zip file, it does nothing. I have a zip on the sd card.

BTW, thanks for the help.
  6. redfield88

redfield88 Well-Known Member

So you got permanent cwm flashed?
    The zip file must be on the root of your SD Card ( First directory your see when navigating the sd card. )
    should be named update.zip
  7. malcolmsharp

malcolmsharp Member

The cwm flash thing worked... it's installed, and when I do the menu, up vol power thing, it comes up.

But no matter what I select off the menu, even power off, it just redraws the menu. Nothing happens.
  8. redfield88

redfield88 Well-Known Member

Not sure how stayboogy's cwm works with avail. On the merit though its the HOME key, might be the power button on avail to select which menu option you want. Not real sure.

Might want to pm stayboogy and ask him, its his baby.
  9. malcolmsharp

malcolmsharp Member

Got it! OK, can't do much else, going to work. Just the stock ROM, when I get home I'll look over custom ROM's for the Avail. Just don't have time right now.

Thanks much. Glad to have the phone back!
  10. Motorhead1991

No problem man, it's why forums exist..
  11. stayboogy

stayboogy Well-Known Member

he pm'ed me.

my recovery works for both phones perfectly.

he was using the back key to select instead of the home key
  12. jb_for_all

jb_for_all Member

Ok, the links to the Update files hosted on mediafire.com are not working. Is there a mirror or another update file you suggest?
  13. kingmt

kingmt Well-Known Member

We have some over at androidarea51 .com
  14. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Hey malcom, I know its kind of an old thread, but I moved it here to organize some forums.
    Thanks guys!