• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bricked Cappy, just took back to AT&T because it's a week old

avs

Nov 28, 2010
Here's what I did

2.1 Stock -> Leaked 2.2 Froyo -> 2.1 ODIN Restore

2.1 ODIN -> 2.2 Cog latest beta

Cog worked fine but I hated it so I:

ODIN'd back to 2.1, then during the ODIN to 2.2 Froyo the ODIN program froze and I got the

phone---!!---PC

logo. could not get into download mode to save my life. Probably needed that damn jig but I just returned it to ATT and said it "failed under an OTA update" which happened to a ton of people.

I'd only had the phone a week. I hate to be dishonest but shit I didn't have time to wait around on forum guys to tell me to hold down volume buttons that didn't work.

I spent 3 hours trying to unbrick it, or at least recovery/download mode but always came up empty with the phone---!!--PC

Is there anything I could've done besides the jig besides returning the phone. The guy didn't ask if I had rooted it or anything and I figure since I was currently at ODIN 2.1 and was trying to go to Froyo and it froze before it did anything (ODIN froze on the first thing it says after you click start) I'll be ok

Thoughts? I brought the new one home, put back on leaked 2.2 Froyo and decided I'll never update again because 2.2 is really nice

I tried for 3 hours googling various keywords

Putting the battery in after holding the keys or while holding the keys

I think I had that bug Designgears talks about when you can't boot into recovery or download mode

At any point, I'm sticking with the Froyo leak and not touching other, weekly updated ROMs

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones