Bricked, fixed and re-rommed!

1. Satires

Satires Well-Known Member

Yup, I'm one of those who bricked my Bionic. Thanks to having a downloaded stock operating system (.902), people who made videos and instructions and rsd lite 5.6 I was able to return to stock!

But that wasn't good enough...

No...

I had a wicked curiosity about running other roms.

I re-rooted, restored a clockwork recovery (For the heck of it) then downloaded eclipse.

I must say, I am impressed! So far so great! I loaded all of my apps, settings and data then made a clockwork back up. :)

I was panicking (Admittedly) when I initially bricked it! :D

Advertisement
    :
  2. lbaxter

lbaxter Well-Known Member

Been there, bricked that, restored that with the same method, re-rooted that, still want to try another rom! :)
  3. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

Okay, I am really curious about something here.
    First off, I am not a rooter, and may never be a rooter, so I know little to nothing about rooting, but I do know about bricking phones.:rolleyes:
    The Evo 4G that I bricked was dead, Dead, DEAD!!!
    Not even the Sprint service center could detect any sign of life, so how is it possible to bring a brick to life?
  4. Satires

Satires Well-Known Member

Maybe I used the wrong term...

What I mean by bricked was, the phone would not go past the initial red M. Hence, the phone would not boot up what ever I did to try and fix it. I had to reload the entire operating system. :)

Maybe your phone had a hardware issue?
    damewolf13 likes this.
  5. CamoCustom

CamoCustom Active Member

our Bionics are pretty much BRICK proof!
  6. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member Guide

That's a soft brick and can be fixed wth an fxz flash. If you tried to force a custom kernel or something similar on your bionic with a locked boot loader you will hard brick your phone and then you will have a paper weight. There is nothing you can do to fix a hard brick.