bricked g1?General

Last Updated:

1. silver2kgti

silver2kgti Member This Topic's Starter

i have a g1 and im running 2.1 on it with the nexus one rom. i had to reset to change the gmail address.

after i reset it and tried to reboot it, its now stuck on the nexus one fireworks boot screen. i tried to do the power+home boot and nothing happens. what should i do?

Advertisement
  2. damnmad

damnmad Well-Known Member

It's not bricked. You might have used the wrong SPL. Try removing the battery and returning it. If that doesn't work, try getting into fastboot (camera+power on). Tell me how it goes.

silver2kgti likes this.
  3. silver2kgti

silver2kgti Member This Topic's Starter

the bonehead that did the rom obviously did it wrong. put a stock SPL on when he did it. after i did the wipe it must have cleared the SPL. i returned it to the RC29 and did the cupcake update. but i dont really know where to go from here. i tried following this tutorial

[GUIDE] The Ultimate Beginner's Guide {Downgrade, Root, Partition, ADB, and MORE!} - xda-developers

but when i try to mount the phone to my console, my console locks up. i was wondering if i could just install flashRec and amon ra's recovery image to the SD card via my card reader? then just run them through astro file manager like it says to do.

another idea i had was to copy my old SD card and run the update that i have for my other G1 (its rooted).

let me know what you think.

4. damnmad

damnmad Well-Known Member

Well if a wipe fixed it then the bonehead did something much worse :) Nothing actually, just crippled the phone.

So yes you can use your card reader then run them through Astro. BTW that tutorial is so good.

As to your old SD card, I don't know what update you have on it. Tell me its source and what you used it for.