• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bricked HTC One M8 - Help ASAP =(

I haven't decided if I'm ever upgrading to Lollipop.
It's pretty decent so far, and my phone actually feels a LOT faster then before! It boots up in about 5-10 seconds, loads apps quickly, all that good stuff. However, I am having issues with internal memory. For some reason it doesn't let me save pictures to my internal phone storage, it switches it to save on my SD card, along with everything else. Also, if I say for example download a file from Google Drive, it says "file is corrupt" when I know for a fact that it isn't. Is there any easy way to fix this? I made a back up of my phone, too in TWRP.

Upvote 0
Yes, I re-installed "flashed" my Android Revolution in TWRP. Is it because I installed Android Revolution off my SD card? Is the ROM thinking that my internal memory is my SD card?
Nah, none of the above.

Check the ARHD thread at XDA - do a search on the thread for internal storage, internal sd, etc etc.

I saw this the other day, there's a one line command to clear the error. Not sure, maybe the ARHD rom thread, anyway, check there...

Halftime at the game, my fingers are frozen, you gotta find this one. :D

Upvote 0
Nah, none of the above.

Check the ARHD thread at XDA - do a search on the thread for internal storage, internal sd, etc etc.

I saw this the other day, there's a one line command to clear the error. Not sure, maybe the ARHD rom thread, anyway, check there...

Halftime at the game, my fingers are frozen, you gotta find this one. :D
Lol no worries dude you already helped enough! It seems to be working fine on saving stuff to my SD card so I'll just do that for now. Soon I'm going to try ViperOneM8 again. - I backed up my phone too so I don't have to worry again lol.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
So is there a different method then Sunshine? Because I tried Firewater or whatever it's called, and it said it's discontinued. Do you think Sunshine is worth the $25?
For all that the devs had to put in to it, yes, I think it is worth it.

I've been s-off on my HTCs since June 2010. Getting s-off has usually been easier for me because I know Linux and have been able to recover if the s-off attempt borked anything.

Sunshine is easy and safe and that's what you pay for. What's your time worth? How much time did you spend here probably because you didn't have s-off to begin with?

Depending on your carrier, your s-off firmware flashing will go from simple to advanced - but you won't be dependent on an RUU that may never arrive for your version and you won't have to fart around re-rooting from the ground up just because you wanted a firmware update.

Upvote 0
Okay, that does sound like its' worth it, I don't understand how to flash firmwares/and or I don't understand much about them either. Is a "firmware" Lollipop 5.0.1 which is my current OS? Or is that something completely different? So flashing firmware will be hard with S-Off?

Also, I have been noticing in Android Revolution, that I don't have that "clear all apps" button anymore and I have to slide it to get rid of my most recent apps. Is there a mod to have that added in some how?

Upvote 0
Firmware = radio firmware, PRI firmware (goes with the radios), and when required, a new hboot.

There's a thread on XDA with all of the firmwares for the M8 and another with a great youtube that walks you through it.

You stay patient, you use fastboot, you follow the steps exactly and you're done.

Depending on your version, you may need the SuperCID mod to do it.

Killing all apps stopped with Lollipop and that was long overdue.

http://androidforums.com/threads/pu...k-killers-ram-optimizers-and-the-like.896663/

Reactions: ExothermOfficial
Upvote 0
Hmm okay I just installed battery doctor and see how that goes. I'm going to take a look at the S-Off some time in the future. Maybe when I have some spare money I'll get it. I'm also about to try ViperOneM8 again. I made a back up in TWRP so I don't need to worry, hopefully. I'm installing ViperOneM8 4.2.0 you said you used Viper right? Is that the current version you have?

Upvote 0
Okay cool! I actually am creating a new back up as we speak in TWRP since you helped me fix the internal storage issue I had last night. So if I don't like Viper again I can just easily go back to my back up in TWRP right? And hit restore?
That's right - and after any restore, go to wipe, advanced and wipe cache and Dalvik.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones