• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bricked i9000 - Pls help.

Fizzbin

Lurker
Jan 13, 2011
I have been very stupid and I think I have managed to brick my brand new Galaxy.

Used z4root to root the device - no problem there... Also applied OCLF in hindsight a bad move cos of what happened next.

I decided to flash to the latest firmware which I got from Samfirmware, I was on JP7, latest I found was JPY. The files appeared to be the 'one file' type so I downloaded Odin and prepared to flash.

I switched the phone into download mode and connected to the computer, Odin detected the connection and I hit start...... Odin started but didn't get very far, the last messages I got were:
<ID:0/004>Firmware update starting
<ID:0/004>Modem.bin

And that was it, didn't go any further, no progress bars, no nothing and in the end the phone's screen went blank as well.

Odin still threw up 'disconnected' when I pulled out the lead after about 4 hours and needless to say all I get now is the small white icons with the yellow explanation symbol.

I can still get into download mode but not into the recovery console.

Do I have any hope at all recovering this phone or shall I take it outside and give it a decent burial?

Update: Tried Odin on a different machine and it's worked, the phone appears to be up and running again. Thank for viewing.

Regards
Phil

Did you have a lagfix before you flashed anything on it? if you did, based on my experience you're gonna need a new phone. I did EVERYTHING i could to revive my phone including the ticking the partition box on odin but nothing worked except my warranty ;) but if you didn't have any lagfix installed, make sure you have the right firmware for your phone and try odin again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones