• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bricked Lg Marquee???

Ok so I have an LG Marquee from sprint. I successfully rooted it and was using great roms. when I searched for a Jelly bean Rom I found one in an marquee post section and downloaded it..I put it on my SD card then tried to flash it. it only took about 7 seconds o flash the rom so I knew it wasn't fully installed like it said it was. After I clicked on the reboot now in the CWM recovery it went to blank screen. I waited for about 3 hours and nothing. I couldn't get it to turn off. So I pulled the battery out and waited 10 seconds and popped it back in.....Nothing..no startup no logo no recovery and no charge. Not from wall mount or computer. I'm assuming I bricked my phone because I did more research on that rom I used and found out it wasn't for the marquee but yet it was in the marquee section...my basic question is this, does ANYONE know ANY way Possible to get my phone turned back on again...I know I forget to wipe data and settings b4 I flashed, but I have read that some marquee roms do that for you during install process. I know I'm a dumbass for flashing a rom that's not designed for my phone but I did not know it wasn't..so can anyone please help me on this situation???

Download your factory ROM on your PC and put it on your SD card. Then put it back in your phone Take the battery out of you lg. Then press the down volume the home button then the power button all together. It will go into recovery mode then let the buttons go. Then go to install zip files on SD card then press the power button and follow the instructions. I hope that helps you out

Reactions: sludgeydude
Upvote 0
Ok so I have an LG Marquee from sprint. I successfully rooted it and was using great roms. when I searched for a Jelly bean Rom I found one in an marquee post section and downloaded it..I put it on my SD card then tried to flash it. it only took about 7 seconds o flash the rom so I knew it wasn't fully installed like it said it was. After I clicked on the reboot now in the CWM recovery it went to blank screen. I waited for about 3 hours and nothing. I couldn't get it to turn off. So I pulled the battery out and waited 10 seconds and popped it back in.....Nothing..no startup no logo no recovery and no charge. Not from wall mount or computer. I'm assuming I bricked my phone because I did more research on that rom I used and found out it wasn't for the marquee but yet it was in the marquee section...my basic question is this, does ANYONE know ANY way Possible to get my phone turned back on again...I know I forget to wipe data and settings b4 I flashed, but I have read that some marquee roms do that for you during install process. I know I'm a dumbass for flashing a rom that's not designed for my phone but I did not know it wasn't..so can anyone please help me on this situation???
ok i had the same problem and finally fixed it you need to get the KDZ and your firmware which is all found HERE
follow those instructions to a T if it fails keep trying if it doesnt work for nothing PM playfulgod if anyone can help you if the first step doesnt work he can. I remind you my Marquee would stop at the LG logo screen and the soft keys would flash my only chance of recovery was download mode (remove battery plug USB cable in to computer hold camera button and VOL up button simultaneously and plug the USB cable into Phone then you insert your battery because the KDZ program will restart your phone and needs battery) make sure you have LGUnited Drivers installed these drivers tell the computer that your phone is in download mode if the KDZ program says phone is not connected you either have the incorrect driver or your drivers didnt install correctly. this will fix a Hard Bricked LG Marquee. i couldnt get in to stock recovery and i assume you cant either (hold Vol down and Power button) this is the only way to fix your phone unless you get a JTAG which gets expensive....

Reactions: sludgeydude
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones