Bricked Milestone

Last Updated:

1. moskwen

moskwen New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello Guys.
    I have a brazilian Milestone and I was using the 2.0.1 UK firmware + Pulsa 1.2.1. It was working with a little bugs but it was ok. Yesterday the Brazilian 2.0.1 update was out. So I

Advertisement
  2. mcpdigital

mcpdigital New Member

I almost bricked mine last night too. Tried to install Live Wallpapers following a guide in an Australian forum and it did not work. In fact it put my milestone in the eternal boot loop.
    What saved me was to use the Motorola Software Update to apply the new firmware (2.01) again SW HERE Motorola - Milestone - Mobile Phone Software Update - Motorola Brasil
    RDS didn't work for me.

What you need is to boot you milestone holding the Up key on the keyboard pad and press power. Connect to the PC using the USB cable.
    This way you will get to a recover screen and the phone will be detected by the Software and start the 2.01 installation.

Tell me where did you download your SBF firmware from.
    Good luck and tell me how it goes.

Marcelo

lww1973 and MarioNico like this.
  3. moskwen

moskwen New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks a lot friend!! I was able to reflash my milestone with the 2.0.1 Brazilian firmware by pressing up while booting.
    I've used the UK firmware and pulsar 1.2.1 and worked fine. The issue was using pulsar with the brazilian firmware.
    But now I've learned my lesson!

Thanks again friend!!

4. lww1973

lww1973 New Member

Jaaaa, thanks a lot, cost me 2 days.