Bricked Motorola Droid

Last Updated:

1. kurtbacker

kurtbacker Member This Topic's Starter

My droid was running great, but when i switched from BuglessBeast to cyanogenmod, the phone went black and wouldn't turn on when I was in the middle of downloading an app from the market. It hasn't turned on since. Can anyone tell me what happened so I can avoid it in the future?

Advertisement
  2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Did you wipe before flashing? Can you get to recovery through x+power?

3. kurtbacker

kurtbacker Member This Topic's Starter

Yes I wiped the phone. The phone wont turn on for me to get to recovery mode..

4. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

You can't even get to the bootloader? Maybe the battery's dead? If it won't power on at ALL, sounds like a trip to Verizon...

5. trav473

trav473 Well-Known Member

have you tried pulling out the battery and putting it back in? or perhaps plugging into wall charger and try powering on that way.

6. mobrienjr

mobrienjr Well-Known Member

yea, I would have to say pretty much the same thing. I highly doubt that the phone is bricked. Once you plug the phone into the wall charger it will automatically turn on. So just hold down the X button to get into recovery

7. gallandof

gallandof Well-Known Member

first thing id say is take the battery out and try to boot it up by holding down x and power to get to the recovery screen. if you get nothing then plug the phone into a WALL outlet, not a usb on PC, since pc will send you to the bootloader screen and charging takes forever(sometimes doesnt even charge) once you left it plugged in for about 30 minutes or so try and turn it on again.

It doesnt seem like your bricked, just that your battery did somesort of finishing move/instant discharge :p

8. mobrienjr

mobrienjr Well-Known Member

I have tested and verified that whenever you plug your phone into a power source it will turn on. I plugged my phone that was off into the usb port and it did not go into the bootloader. To do that you have to turn it back off, then back on and hold the up button on the d-pad.