Bricked my AscendSupport

Last Updated: 2011-07-28 15:46:04
  1. YouThere

YouThere Member

Heya, I'm pretty sure I just bricked my Huawei Ascend. It is on the Huawei logo and won't move to anything else. I don't know what to do and I've tried to hold the buttons down but it didn't do anything.

This happened while I was deleting stuff to install icarus. I have the file in my folder. I realized I was using 3.0 of Clockworkmod Recovery (found the thread on how to update it to 2.x). I rebooted my phone and bam. Brick brick brick.

How can I fix this?

Advertisement
  2. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

not bricked if you see that. redo the process for CWM install.
  3. YouThere

YouThere Member

I'm new at this. I've tried Volume Up, Call, and power button - didn't work. Then I did Volume Down, End, power button - also didn't work. What am I missing?
  4. Anduiril

Anduiril Well-Known Member

If you are still on the Huawei logo. Pull the battery and wait 15 seconds and put it back in
  5. YouThere

YouThere Member

That didn't work. I'm still on my logo screen.

Please help, I need my phone.
  6. PlayfulGod

Pull the battery, go take a leak, get a drink, tap the wife/gf. Then put the battery back in and hold Send, Vol Up, Power. Also if your phone is plugged in, unplug it when u pull the battery.
    carl0s6610, YouThere and Dubstep like this.
  7. xtreemgreen

xtreemgreen Well-Known Member

The key words are tapping the wife/gf.. That always works..

Hope you get it fixed..
  8. Dubstep

Dubstep Well-Known Member

- Take out SD Card and Battery
    - Replace
    - Then boot up in CWM and choose your path ;)
    YouThere likes this.
  9. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

try this also before plugging the phone usb press the following Volume Down, End, power button, once the huawei screen comes up and stays there than plugin your phone and open cwm and than repeat the steps to install 2xxxx or 3xxxx which ever one your trying to install.
  10. YouThere

YouThere Member

Okay so every time I reboot, I get into the logo screen where it just stays that way. I can't access my SD Card like this.

How can I fix this?
  11. PlayfulGod

card reader n a computer ;)
  12. YouThere

YouThere Member

Sorry but that doesn't help me at all. Could you please elaborate?
  13. loganmedwards

loganmedwards Member

Just flash your phone back to stock and start over, it would be the quickest easiest way.
  14. PlayfulGod

do you have CWM installed or is your phone bone stock n doing this? if its the latter you might want to take it to a store.

Or read the flash to stock thread n do the fastboot method to restore your phone like it was when it came out of the box.
    KOLIO likes this.
  15. YouThere

YouThere Member

I actually watched a video to confirm what I'm doing. ( YouTube - Restore MetroPCS Huawei Ascend to factory stock ) This guy did the same process I did, but his phone restarted. Mine didn't. The script file ran and instantly closed. My phone is plugged in, it's showing the logo (Volume Down, End, Power) and it's not doing anything. What am I doing wrong?
  16. nuttmeg

make sure you open the MetropcsStock folder and not cwm folder, thats 2 different things.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10008155/MetroStockRecovery-SCRIPTS.zip
    hctr175 and YouThere like this.
  17. YouThere

YouThere Member

I did exactly what the video said.
  18. PlayfulGod

Yea I was pondering that when he said how quick it ran lol. The stock installs fast, but not spit second fast lol
  19. nuttmeg

yep seems like he was opening the wrong folder cause only the fast boot file will appear and close instantly. Also make sure you click MetropcsStock-recovery, once your download that file and abstract iot to desktop.
    YouThere likes this.
  20. PlayfulGod

abstract?? but I hate abstracts lol
  21. YouThere

YouThere Member

Oh okay thank you I extracted it to desktop and it works like a charm. Now, if I wanted to recover from a backup file (I have one saved), how would I go about doing this?
  22. PlayfulGod

install z4root, root the phone then install CWM (clockworkmod recovery).
    YouThere likes this.
  23. YouThere

YouThere Member

Okay thank you. How long would you say the restore would take? Just a guestimate.
  24. PlayfulGod

about a minute or two, depending on how many apps you had installed when you backed it up.
    YouThere likes this.
  25. YouThere

YouThere Member

Thank you all for all the help.