• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bricked my Droid X, and now RSD Light wont recognize it!

Upvote 0
OK, first you nedd to forget about 928 Blackglass. The developer has been very sick and off the forums for some time. Probably not going to get any updates or help for awhile. A rom is an actual modification to the opertiong system. A theme is whar gives your phone a distinctive look. Certain themes will only work with certain roms. Are you rooted? That's the first step to moving forwrd with a rom.

Upvote 0
No no slow down! First download Apex on your computer and then put it on your SD card. If you have Titanium then you have your apps backed up, right. I also suggest you have them backed up with AppBrain. Once you are backed up and you have Apex 1.3.1 downloaded here is what to do. I f you will go to the thread about Apex in All Things Rooted you will see the download and his instructions to load in the first few threads. His rom will Deodex and also update your phone to .340 Make sure and make a backup of your present setup before you flash. If you have ever booted in clockwork recovery which Bootstrap will do for you you will see the backup option. Next install the Apex rom. Let me know when you are done and I'll give you some links and suggestions on theming.

Upvote 0
I agree, slow down a bit and read, read, read before you do anything else. You're already trying to put on themes incompatible with the system you're running and you can run into more serious problems the way you're going. There's no hurry, triple check everything before you do it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones