Bricked my Droid X, and now RSD Light wont recognize it!

1. NickBaragona

NickBaragona Well-Known Member

I haven no idea what to do now. I tried reinstalling the Motorolla drivers, still nothing. What can I do now? RSD Light recognized my phone before, so I have no idea why it wont now.

Advertisement
  2. NickBaragona

Ok I got it to recognize my Phone, it says SFlash Omap and some numbers, is that normal?
  3. incrediblenotinstock

incrediblenotinstock Well-Known Member

Yes I think so
  4. NickBaragona

5. Bankswood

Bankswood Well-Known Member

Ok what do you want to do? Get the latest update, install a new rom?
  6. NickBaragona

I want to install the rom in that guide, the 928Droid BlackGlass Theme. I think I may have messed out by downloading it directly from my phone. I downloaded it from my PC, and will place it on the SDcard of the phone and try again.
  7. Bankswood

If you have updated to .340 or any version past 2.2 you can't use it. As you found out it will brick your phone. That's not a rom just a theme
  8. NickBaragona

Honestly, I'm a noob, I dont even know the difference between a rom and a theme? Anyways, I'm glad I didnt do anything wrong. Do I just have to wait for an updated version to work with 2.2.1?
  9. Bankswood

Did you get the latest OTA. look in Settings>About Phone>System Version

Does it say Version 2.3.340 ?

SorrY I mean System Version
  10. NickBaragona

Well after I bricked, I flashed back to the version given in that guide. It says 2.3.320.MB810.Verizon.en.US
  11. Bankswood

OK, first you nedd to forget about 928 Blackglass. The developer has been very sick and off the forums for some time. Probably not going to get any updates or help for awhile. A rom is an actual modification to the opertiong system. A theme is whar gives your phone a distinctive look. Certain themes will only work with certain roms. Are you rooted? That's the first step to moving forwrd with a rom.
  12. NickBaragona

Yep, rooted. But about the verison I'm on, why am I on 2.3.320 and not .340?
  13. Bankswood

That's OK. If you want to try a rom I suggest you use Apex 1.3.1. I alos started with 928 Blackglass and decided to try a rom after the update. It is great and easy. Do you have Koush's Boot Strap? Also Titanium Backup it's free.
  14. NickBaragona

Yes, I have the Droid X Bootstrap, cost $2 so I'd like to figure this out lol. I also do have Titanium Backup. So this Apex 1.3.1, do I download it, and flash my phone with RSD Lite?
  15. Bankswood

No no slow down! First download Apex on your computer and then put it on your SD card. If you have Titanium then you have your apps backed up, right. I also suggest you have them backed up with AppBrain. Once you are backed up and you have Apex 1.3.1 downloaded here is what to do. I f you will go to the thread about Apex in All Things Rooted you will see the download and his instructions to load in the first few threads. His rom will Deodex and also update your phone to .340 Make sure and make a backup of your present setup before you flash. If you have ever booted in clockwork recovery which Bootstrap will do for you you will see the backup option. Next install the Apex rom. Let me know when you are done and I'll give you some links and suggestions on theming.
  16. NickBaragona

Yes, I already did a backup with Bootstrap. However, I only had 800mb free on my SDcard, and that is the size of the backup. I wonder if it actually backed up everything, or if I ran out of space? Maybe I should delete it and free up some space, and backup again?
  17. Bankswood

you have used up your 16g on your SD card? Wow

If you have some stuff like photos and pics on there I would move some of it to your computer.
  18. NickBaragona

Yeah, its the same one I've had since my original Droid I got November of 2009. So yeah, filled it up in about a year lol. I'm gonna go through and delete some pics, each one is probably about 2mb. So Bootstrap just backs up the present setup, or everything?
  19. Btros

Btros Well-Known Member

I agree, slow down a bit and read, read, read before you do anything else. You're already trying to put on themes incompatible with the system you're running and you can run into more serious problems the way you're going. There's no hurry, triple check everything before you do it.
  20. Bankswood

Just present setup. doesn't backup anything on the card. Have you ever used DoubleTwist? It's free and will backup all of your apps, photos, and pics on your computer. Looks and workfs like itunes.
  21. NickBaragona

Wow, I didnt realize the present setup would take up so much space lol.
  22. Bankswood

Just checked and the zipped Apex file is about 122mb. You can also go ahed and delete the Blackglass file
  23. NickBaragona

Yeah I'm doing that, and moving some vidoes over to my PC. Then I am going to delete my old backup, and make a new one. Guess I should backup all my apps in Titanium backup as well. I did not see an option within that program to restore those backups though?
  24. Bankswood

In Titanium Backup it says Backup/Restore. Push that button then press the Droid menu button and press batch then press the Backup/Restore button again. Do you have an AppBrain account? I would also use it to sync and restore.
  25. NickBaragona

Yeah, I've used Appbrain on my Droid, not on my PC though.